Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Would you bother .. New
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:56:42 am »
this a good drive away from me  , storage damage   ... im tempted to tell her to call the cleaning doctor , let him have the hassle
what u think  ,  would it partially wash out ... followed by acid treatment ... haitain cotton cleaner ? 
easy ...or would it never be perfect ?

Mike Halliday

Re: would you bother ..
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 05:35:33 am »
Depends on price and if you want this person as a customer, you would neeed to leave it dry as you don’t wanna call back the next day when s it dry because it’s not completely out
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derikraven

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 05:57:40 am »
I always think it's good business practice to offer to help when asked, it could always lead to more work. It's like refusing to clean a small rug because it's only a small earner, this customer may want the whole house doing next time.Refusing work could earn you a reputation as a business that is unreliable. Just my opinion

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:49:20 pm »
This is something where I would say to the customer there is a min charge....what ever suits you but I would say around £140.

Then I would say to custy the probability is it wont come out and is permanent.

Then I would say clearly that it needs to be paid for on the day as you may be getting caught between the storage people and customer.

Something I would try and avoid altogether. 

john martin

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 10:41:15 pm »
thanks for all the sound advice   ,  its a bit out of my way , another county . i go there when i line up three jobs or so , which i can do at the moment , but probably not in the time frame the lady wants  , if it was in my area i might even swing by and try a test area and revisit ,  i cant tell from the pics , i half thinking it might just wash out mostly , but then it look like a material that can go whiteish or loose colour even from acid treatments , so might never match if done .    So , iv told her its really classed as damage and tricky to reverse ,but i probably can get a resonable result  .  if she wants to try the CD and see if hes free if she needs its quick , if not il get to it when im down ... see how it goes .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:42:31 pm »
I'd say yes you can definitely improve, perfection is down to length of time it's sat like that and any previous attempts to clean so obviously can not be guaranteed. It needs a discussion on her expectations and decide from there