Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Flower

Hi just wondered what the going rate is to clean patios and driveways please 

Stoots

Best thing you can do is ask for a few quotes (more the better) from companies in your area.

Get them out to your house to quote you up. You'll soon see what the "going rate" is.

I would aim too be at the top 20% of those quotes.

nathankaye

Perhaps post on the pressure washing page.
But it depends on the equipment you have,   its worth investing in a good machine 15lpm min spec.
The price is then dependent on the surface your cleaning, ie slabs, concrete, block paving and if you need to resand (which ideally needs to be a couple of days after the job is done). Then considering the drainage for the water run off and then the time factor.
So if this is an added service, may need tondona little extra research and see what your competitors are pricing at.
Also the added aids, ie hypo
Or do you use a turbo or a fsc and what pressure/ distance to use the lance.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

GlassClean

Depends what the surface is in particular and how bad condition it is.

Block paving is going to be more expensive to clean than patios.

zesty

If it’s going to take a day, then charge a day rate plus £20 for the faff and mess.

I don’t offer to re sand anymore, but if you do, charge for it, as it’s a right nuisance going back the next day and sweeping sand about.

I did a patio the other day, medium sized, took 4 hours and was £180. Then did the windows at £20. I price it on a day rate because I just know from experience I won’t be doing any other work after pressure washing, even when’s it’s only taken half a day! It’s a messy faffy job with more packing up to do, so I just want to get home after!

So price high unless your desperate, that way it’s a good little number.

I’m using a 21 lpm machine, speeds it up no end.

mjm

£2   per square metre   patios     £3 per square metre   block paving  minimum clean £100

GlassClean

If it’s going to take a day, then charge a day rate plus £20 for the faff and mess.

I don’t offer to re sand anymore, but if you do, charge for it, as it’s a right nuisance going back the next day and sweeping sand about.

I did a patio the other day, medium sized, took 4 hours and was £180. Then did the windows at £20. I price it on a day rate because I just know from experience I won’t be doing any other work after pressure washing, even when’s it’s only taken half a day! It’s a messy faffy job with more packing up to do, so I just want to get home after!

Just bought a GSX 390. Its a bit of an animal compared to my previous! What a delight.

mjm

what was the other  machine you had   glass clean

zesty

Just bought a GSX 390. Its a bit of an animal compared to my previous! What a delight.

What pump are you running?

Lovely engines the gsx 390.

When I upgrade next I’ll be going down the Honda intelligent route, revs cut to idle when off the trigger. Cos if there’s one thing I don’t like about pressure washing it’s the flipping noise!

GlassClean

15LPM.

Richard Flower

hi thankyou! ive got a decent pressure washer Be power washer with a 4000psi so cleaned my patio and very pleased with the results! But yes definitely ;D noisy