Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

What a feckin day
« on: April 10, 2018, 12:21:18 pm »
So my new employee texts me at half 8 this morning. " Sorry I can't come in today I'm stuck baby sitting my lad" (well he did say he could bring him with him he's 10 but I didnt think that was a good idea)

Not the end of the world , he can work Thurs instead but still annoying as I had booked him in a load of work and some first cleans.

So then it pes it down, so I go out anyway, get 4 jobs done.

On the 5th job there's no where to park so I park on the grass verge like a complete fecktard)

Of course I do the job get back In the van and it's stuck solid.

An hour later of emptying a full tank of pure and trying to jack it up etc I give in.

Luckily I'm only a 20 mins walk home so I go back. Ring AA they can't help ring some recovery company's they cant help.

So I decide to go buy a tow rope, 3 shops later and the only one I can find is only 2 tonne. It'll never work I say to myself... Any way I get the other van hook it up and "ping" fexking thing snaps.

So I've just given in. My dad says he'll have a go tonight with his 4x4 if we can get a decent strap.

So it Raining, I've got customers coming out of my eye sockets and I'm covered in mud.

Good day so far  ;D

SB Cleaning

Re: What a feckin day
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 12:23:58 pm »
Oh dear ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 01:26:55 pm »
Oh dear m8

Do you not have an employment contract?

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 01:30:05 pm »
That’s not good mate - did he not know he’s babysitting yesterday and could’ve told you earlier?

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 01:55:13 pm »
When i first switched from trad to wfp, i took the time to print of letters explaining about working in the rain and referred many to my website when I sent out texts to open gate that I now work in the rain.
Did an entire street with no problems, customers were in and paid. Got to the last one and chap came out and ssid not to clean as its raining..... Its only drizzle. I explained how i niw work in the rain and referred to the letter I gave him the previous month. He still said no and so I thanked hime for his yrs of custom but Im in a position not to loose half my wage anymore due to the rain and that he needs one who does.

Sorry posted this on wrong thread....... Meant for the "messer"  thread
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

GlassClean

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 02:08:41 pm »
That won't get his feckin van out.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 02:20:24 pm »
So my new employees texts me at half 8 this morning. " Sorry I can't come in today I'm stuck baby sitting my lad" (well he did say he could bring him with him he's 10 but I didnth think that was a good idea)

Not the end of the world , he can work Thurs instead but still annoying g as I had booked him in a load of work and some first cleans.

So the it possesses it down so I go out anyway, get 4 jobs done.

On the 5th job there's no where to park so I park on the grass verge like a complete fecktard)

Of course I do the job get back In the van and it's stuck solid.

An hour later of emptying a full tank of pure and trying to jack it up etc I give in.

Luckily I'm only a 20 mins walk home so I go back. Ring AA they can't help ring some recovery company's they can help.

So I decide to go buy a tow rope, 3 shops later and the o ly one I can find is only 2 tonne. It'll never work I say to myself... Any way I get the other van hook it up and "ping" fexking thing snaps.

So I've just given in. My dad says he'll have a go tonight with his 4x4 if we can get a decent strap.

So it Raining, I've got customers coming out of my eye sockets and I'm covered in mud.

Good day so far  ;D
Sorry to hear that.

You need at least 5 tonne strop to be on the safe side.

If you have a Huws Gray near by they have something similar, that they sell for lifting stuff.
Buy a couple of shackles and you' ll be away. 👌

paul alan

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 02:53:39 pm »
Best thing that happened was your guy couldn't make it today, as the van got stuck anyways.

Now you have him to catch up this week.

The sun will be out soon mate!

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 03:07:41 pm »
Well at least I've got my van out

as luck would have it Ive just been back to the van to take some gear out and next door was a builder in a flat bed truck.

Dragged it straight out.

Well him not turning up meant I could use the other van, I've only done about 100 quid minus what I gave the lad to drag me out but it seems I will live to see another day after all.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 03:15:46 pm »
That’s not good mate - did he not know he’s babysitting yesterday and could’ve told you earlier?

Nope.

He's a single dad, the kid lives with him. He works with me 9-3 X 3 days a week to for between school hours.

Unfortunately the person who was meant to have his kid today turned round and said no leaving him stuck.

It wouldn't have been an issue at all had I not already booked work In.

I've told him he can work any days out of the week, it makes little difference to me as long as he lets me know in advance.  And in return if I need to change the days due to weather etc.

Yes Marc it's all in the contract

I'm not going to sack him over 1 day, I'm a parent myself who has kids with an ex I know it's not easy.

Obviously if it becomes a habit we have an issue but he's a nice lad and a good worker, no problems with his punctuality and more importantly I've not had one complaint about his work, he been out on his own a month now.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 04:19:32 pm »
Comes with the territory of employing. Very frustrating. Similar happens to me often. Just make sure the good days far outweigh the bad.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 04:57:07 pm »
Yep this is when employing can be frustrating, hopefully it’s not the start of the ‘book of excuses’  from your guy.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 05:26:47 pm »
Must admit i dont really like employing that much, its a bit of a ballache, i do however like the increased profit/easier workload
so its a difficult one.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 05:38:26 pm »
At the end of the day it's all about the profit.

I'm starting to think that if I had enough work for 3 or 4 employees rather than just the one it would be easier to cover scheduled work when someone's sick etc. I think you'd have to be part time though or off the tools completely though to cover the extra organising of work etc the more employees you have.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 05:56:15 pm »
you always learn something on days like today adam......its easy to get stuck somewhere when you have half a ton of water in your van on a wet day,no grass verges,muddy fields etc...(i always have a tow rope in the van though)....

as for the employee.....well you better get used to it...employing IS  a ballache at times.as long as you except that and the working days where your both working are worth it then you just gotta suck it up.....

glad you got your van out in the end and hopefully no damage done....and i wish you a dry rest of the week! :)

i was lucky....it only rained for an hour or so this morning then its been dry for the rest of the day.....
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 05:58:06 pm »
Lol, its not quite the same but ive ordered 3000 new cards with a digit missing on my phone number!
Thankfully its the last digit that needs changing and one more added. So im now spending the evening correcting 3000 cards that I post to say ive been.

;D ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 06:57:31 pm »
That will look so scabby & amateur Nathan. For £26 just re-order some new ones.

What's that? Two houses?

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 07:03:46 pm »
That will look so scabby & amateur Nathan. For £26 just re-order some new ones.

What's that? Two houses?

Yep your right, but in the meantime im out of cards and they will do until my next delivery in 3 days.
Plus mate, these cards get disgarded and binned its just to let them know the windows have been cleaned.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk