Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billy08

Gardiners slx extensions
« on: March 24, 2018, 10:06:17 am »
I have an slx 25 about 10 years old

Does anyone know if the new extensions fit this pole

cheers

Walter Mitty

Re: Gardiners slx extensions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 10:38:21 am »

cheers

I believe so, but I think your pole pre-dates when they changed the section numbering.  Suggest you contact Gardiners to discuss.
I think the poles in more recent years have a narrower section 1, making the old section 1 into section 2 etc.  This adds 1 to the number of each section, so tread carefully.
If yours was originally one with the old allen key clamps or (possibly) the first clamp upgrade, you will probably need to re-number.
I've found that one of the problems when phoning Gardiners about compatibility with old equipment is that some people on the phone didn't work there then, so might not be aware of older changes.  Hopefully you can discuss the issue with a longer-serving staff member.

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 03:12:39 pm »
Sorry no idea, best contact Alex.
But just  wanted to add that ive just placed my order for the base extension as well. So my slx25 will become the 30.
Its a great pole
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 07:48:24 pm »

cheers

I believe so, but I think your pole pre-dates when they changed the section numbering.  Suggest you contact Gardiners to discuss.
I think the poles in more recent years have a narrower section 1, making the old section 1 into section 2 etc.  This adds 1 to the number of each section, so tread carefully.
If yours was originally one with the old allen key clamps or (possibly) the first clamp upgrade, you will probably need to re-number.
I've found that one of the problems when phoning Gardiners about compatibility with old equipment is that some people on the phone didn't work there then, so might not be aware of older changes.  Hopefully you can discuss the issue with a longer-serving staff member.

Walter is correct, the early SLX didn't have the number one sections, hence why they were slightly more rigid with the non-self adjusting flat style clamps.

billy08

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 10:36:09 am »
Thanks
Gardiners phone lines have been busy so thats why i asked here!
Try and ring them again tomorrow

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 11:06:11 am »
Thanks
Gardiners phone lines have been busy so thats why i asked here!
Try and ring them again tomorrow

The phone lines have been manic this week - and we had a whole new phone system installed on Monday and Tuesday which made it even more chaotic  :D

If your pole is 10 years old then it would have originally had metal clamps. This was the first 25ft SLX and did start with what is now a #2 section.

So to get an extension for it you would need the SLX Extension #7 which usually fits an SLX30.

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 03:06:02 pm »
More to the point.... how do you make a pole last 10 years ? thats some good going.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 04:05:45 pm »
More to the point.... how do you make a pole last 10 years ? thats some good going.

I can't speak for others but I ended up with a couple of SLX 25s and a single 30ft extension.  I did stop using them as the thread came out the end of one (this was before section 1 had a clamp) and a couple of clamps broke on the other.  I put them in the back of the lock up and started using a CLX 27 and a CLX 18 instead.  Just never got around to fixing them.

Recently, I acquired a second-hand new-sized section 1 with clamp, so I've started using it with a gooseneck+xtreme brush.  I have poles that are like Trig's broom - sections from God-knows-where, and it all works just fine.

You see, when a pole has expired, I keep the re-usable parts.  I realise that some wait until just before they are worn and sell them on ebay but I just keep hold of parts instead.  It's a long time since I bought a pole.  I try to look after them, and I use external pole hose which reduces wear.

billy08

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 12:50:42 pm »
Thanks Alex.

Most the time I’ve only used it for higher windows.

Used Harris poles then the clx for general work,so it’s still going strong 10 years later.

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 01:20:58 pm »
I’ve had three conversations on the phones with Emma at Gardiners today. Very prompt responses to answerphone messages and return calls. Very much the professional and always very helpful.

I imagine Monday on the phones is the busiest day of the week for Gardiners after the weekend backlog that needs clearing.

10/10.