Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craigp

wand valve
« on: June 20, 2006, 08:51:41 am »
hi all,

the old man got a TM that goes up to 1000psi, he bought a new wand valve, and it s just stopped working, pull the trigger nothing happens, i think it was to low rated valve and i accidently used TM at 800 psi, (normally only go up tp 400)

where can i get a valve that goes upto this high psi?

thanks craig.

Liahona

Re: wand valve
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:08:53 am »
Craig, you might be able just to rebuild the one you have. I am sure you have just blown the o ring in

the stem valve. If so just replace it and you should be fine, oh and dont use 800 psi again, sorry mate

had to put that in, best, Dave.

Steve Carpenter

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:44:52 am »
Solutions UK stock the Westpak stainless steel angle valve, which is rated to 1000psi. I have used the brass version with my CFR Altra Pro 1000 (1000 psi) extractor with no problems. It's much better designed than the valves currently available that shut off with a stem with an o-ring. It instead uses a stem/ball bearing shut off with a teflon seat.

Regards

Steve

craigp

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 03:00:27 pm »
thanks chaps, the westpak sounds like a good vavle, borrowed TM again today and discovered the numpty for pressure is slowly creeping up as you clean so starting on 400psi end up 6-800 psi  !