Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

george renwick

bank transfers
« on: February 10, 2018, 10:50:51 pm »
Hi was wondering how you go about getting bank transfers from custsy and how do they work  :o What details do you give them for to pay you .Thanks in advance  for any replies

Mick Kent

Re: bank transfers
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 11:02:58 pm »
Just sort code and account number on your collection slips.

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 11:08:18 pm »

And make sure they use a reference that makes sense so you know who they are when they pay , I had one clown of a customer use the reference Mickey Mouse !!!!

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 07:04:47 am »

And make sure they use a reference that makes sense so you know who they are when they pay , I had one clown of a customer use the reference Mickey Mouse !!!!

Agree. We get them to use the first line of their address.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 07:14:35 am »
Hi was wondering how you go about getting bank transfers from custsy and how do they work  :o What details do you give them for to pay you .Thanks in advance  for any replies

Your customer sets you up as a payee on their bank account. When you put a ticket through the door, they then go into their bank account, select your account as a payee and transfer the money to your account.

We all will suggest you get a mobile number for each customer as part of this. Sometimes customers forget to pay you and you need to send them a friendly reminder. The payment is triggered by them, not you. It doesn't cost you anything.

Maybe also have a look at 'Go Cardless.' If you do a search on here you will find lots of windies experiences with it. There is a fee for the transaction but even so, this could be a solution, especially for those forgetful ones.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 08:40:12 am »
Don't worry guys - When the cashless society comes into play we can all get microchipped, problem solved.

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 10:29:43 pm »

the most common mistake people use is "window cleaner" I have a new one that's "mum's window cleaner"  then you need to wait to narrow it down.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 01:40:26 pm »
BACS transfers/online banking apps are one of the best things that has happened to window cleaning along with WFP (and round software on smartphones) IMO.

saves a lot of collecting... :) its free too....

text reminders get sent out after 14 days without payment for larger accounts,some cheaper ones ill run it up to 2 or 3 cleans until i request payment....
price higher/work harder!

Walter Mitty

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 07:06:24 pm »
I supply them with my sort code and account number plus a unique reference consisting of house number + postcode or the first four letters of the house name plus postcode.  I did deviate slightly from the latter once when it spelt a particular word that might have been misunderstood..

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 07:52:18 pm »
I supply them with my sort code and account number plus a unique reference consisting of house number + postcode or the first four letters of the house name plus postcode.  I did deviate slightly from the latter once when it spelt a particular word that might have been misunderstood..

i always tell them to put their first line of address as ref so i can identify their payment but some just put "window cleaner" and their name. ::)roll arent some customers a bit dumb?luckily i know most of my customers names too so its not a major problem....
price higher/work harder!

Walter Mitty

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 06:06:09 am »

i always tell them to put their first line of address as ref so i can identify their payment but some just put "window cleaner" and their name. ::)roll arent some customers a bit dumb?luckily i know most of my customers names too so its not a major problem....

First line of address works too, though I did once have two customers in different towns with the same number and road name :)  Pretty unusual, I grant you.  As for their names, IF bank don't show that information (there may be others).  However, anything in the reference section shows up somewhere.
Yes, I have maybe three customers who have "window cleaner" or similar as the reference.  Fortunately, none of them are with IF bank.  It was such an effort getting them to pay by transfer, I can't be bothered to ask them to change it.

Soupy

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 06:26:47 am »
Come back osha clean.

All is forgiven.

Soupy

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 06:28:57 am »
If you're going to do this on any kind of scale you need a referencing system. Our customers have a unique customer number.

Missing Link

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 08:08:39 am »
the most common mistake people use is "window cleaner" I have a new one that's "mum's window cleaner"  then you need to wait to narrow it down.

I keep a spreadsheet of all my customer's details, names, addressees, telephone numbers, dates cleaned, and have done since I've started. 

When someone does that (uses 'window cleaner') for their reference, rather than their address for ours, I do a search on the spreadsheet for the name that the payment was made in, but sometimes, particularly with unmarried couples, the name doesn't tally with the name I have on the spreadsheet.

So then I look at the date.  Generally, if someone pays on-line, I've cleaned their windows within the past five days.  If they don't pay on-line by then, they generally won't and it'll roll-over to the following clean.

The amount paid is a big clue too.

It's a bit like a puzzle sometimes. ;D
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Walter Mitty

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 11:15:42 am »

I keep a spreadsheet of all my customer's details, names, addressees, telephone numbers, dates cleaned, and have done since I've started. 

When someone does that (uses 'window cleaner') for their reference, rather than their address for ours, I do a search on the spreadsheet for the name that the payment was made in, but sometimes, particularly with unmarried couples, the name doesn't tally with the name I have on the spreadsheet.

So then I look at the date.  Generally, if someone pays on-line, I've cleaned their windows within the past five days.  If they don't pay on-line by then, they generally won't and it'll roll-over to the following clean.

The amount paid is a big clue too.

It's a bit like a puzzle sometimes. ;D

I've only been caught out a couple of times.  There was an occasion when I still had a job where I climbed over the garage roof and down the other side.  So I cleaned it, left the bill, and didn't get paid (this was a £10 job - way back).  However, a mystery payment appeared in my account for £5 and it had an unfamiliar name attached to it with no reference. Luckily, he was in next time around.  He said, "You couldn't possibly have done the back because the gate was locked."  So he had deducted half the money without even letting me know. I cleaned, got paid the £15 owing, then he dropped me, LOL.  I think it was to do with his embarrassment.