Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

capn sparkle

Rinse bars
« on: February 04, 2018, 10:54:55 pm »
I'm halfway through perfecting a rinsebar - similar spread to 4 fans - but seem to get more water in the centre of the bar rather than the edges. Mine has 19 or 21 holes along the length of the pole hose I'm using as an experiment. Any clues why?

zesty

Re: Rinse bars
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:17:49 am »
I'm halfway through perfecting a rinsebar - similar spread to 4 fans - but seem to get more water in the centre of the bar rather than the edges. Mine has 19 or 21 holes along the length of the pole hose I'm using as an experiment. Any clues why?

Possibly because your inlet hose(s) are in in the middle of the rinse bar?

Get yourself some 3mm jets and laugh off the rinse bar  ;D

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:20:33 am »

Zesty got there first.  :)

The jets closest to the 'inlet/s' are going to get the most flow as water will find the path of least resistance.  So in theory these jets need to be slightly smaller than the ones further down the bar. That will take some fine tweeking.

Your pump also may not be able to supply a high enough flow.  If memory serves me Natankaye was using a Bissel bar and he had to seal up every second hole on the bar.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 06:53:24 pm »
i had the same issue except the holes closest the jets were getting less flow.

You can see what i mean in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdv6FRlGOMA

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 07:56:10 pm »
You can get plenty of water flow, in fact too excessive from a rinse bar, evenly spaced water flow along the entire length. Bisell rinse bar is more than adequate with every hole open. So is the new Tucker rinse bar, if anything Tucker uses elongated slits all the way along the rinse bar, which is wider in length than the constructor brush and gives a finer more controlled flow.  You can get just as much flow with a Tucker rinse bar as 2 x 3mm jets and yes it is like pouring a jug of water over the window if the flow is set at the right amount.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:06:59 pm »
2 decent fan jets would give better coverage IMO

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 08:28:00 pm »
You can get plenty of water flow, in fact too excessive from a rinse bar, evenly spaced water flow along the entire length. Bisell rinse bar is more than adequate with every hole open. So is the new Tucker rinse bar, if anything Tucker uses elongated slits all the way along the rinse bar, which is wider in length than the constructor brush and gives a finer more controlled flow.  You can get just as much flow with a Tucker rinse bar as 2 x 3mm jets and yes it is like pouring a jug of water over the window if the flow is set at the right amount.

I'm guessing you have a tucker rinse bar....on the video they look as though they are aiming upwards a bit too much.
How do you find it?

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 10:15:41 pm »
I use a flow tap in my hand to control the flow. I have my flow set at 63 that's plenty just leave it on full flow with the tap open.
You can turn the flow down so it's just hitting ever so slightly just above the top bristles and work that slower way of cleaning a window.
Or you could turn the flow up so the water is shooting out at a higher flow but then the cascade of water is aiming higher above the bristles (ideal for Juliet balconies)
or you could have the cascade of water about 5mm above the top bristles , and press a little harder on the brush as you clean the top frame or glass so the bristles mask the flow of water hitting too high
or you could turn the brush sideways like a squeegie to clean the top glass from the centre  oiutwards to both corners then rinse  vertically down working across the glass or as a squeegie on larger glass
or turn the flow down to clean the top of glass and increase the flow to match your speed to clean the remaining glass
Any of the above methods work.