Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Newres

Poles in new Experts
« on: February 03, 2018, 03:56:36 pm »
So I go to fit a couple of lengths of drainpipe for pole carrying and see that they only have one crosspiece to attach the pipe to. How do others carry their poles?

Bungle

Re: Poles in new Experts
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 09:00:07 pm »
Drill 2x holes, but not through the middle but as close to the edge of the pipe as you can. Insert zip ties through the holes up on the roof. Do the same further down the pipe and zip tie through holes near the roof. Works for me. Zip ties will wear over time so will need replacing. There are probably more professional ways of doing it but I can't be arsed  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Steve Newres

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 09:07:04 pm »
Drill 2x holes, but not through the middle but as close to the edge of the pipe as you can. Insert zip ties through the holes up on the roof. Do the same further down the pipe and zip tie through holes near the roof. Works for me. Zip ties will wear over time so will need replacing. There are probably more professional ways of doing it but I can't be arsed  ;D
Ah that’s the problem. The holes only exist in one cross strut in the Expert. The Transit has three cross struts so it’s easy to do as you did, but it won’t be stable with one cable tie. I do exact as you do in the Transit.

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:11:01 pm »
No, they will be stable but with a bit of sway. There are holes that are level with the side opening door on the roof you can use. You'll need to tie 2 or 3 zip ties together so you can feed them through one hole to the next hole. I'd post a pic but don't know how to.

Steve Newres

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:24:18 am »
No, they will be stable but with a bit of sway. There are holes that are level with the side opening door on the roof you can use. You'll need to tie 2 or 3 zip ties together so you can feed them through one hole to the next hole. I'd post a pic but don't know how to.
I’ll have another look.

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 06:11:14 pm »
Forgot to give you some other info. You zip tie through the holes in the roof near the bulkhead. You have to use a down pipe wall bracket to hold the rear part of the pipe. You use a bolt through the bracket into the cross beam and zip tie the other half. I'll try and upload a picture to show you what I mean.

Steve Newres

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 06:37:40 pm »
Forgot to give you some other info. You zip tie through the holes in the roof near the bulkhead. You have to use a down pipe wall bracket to hold the rear part of the pipe. You use a bolt through the bracket into the cross beam and zip tie the other half. I'll try and upload a picture to show you what I mean.
Yes please.

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 07:01:43 pm »
Yes please.

Steve Newres

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 07:32:57 pm »
Cheers. I'll look at it in the van so I can identify the points you've anchored from.

jk999

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 07:40:11 pm »
I had an internal ladder rack made carry all poles and even my pointer ladder