Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: diesel heater.........costs...
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2018, 07:41:05 pm »
After a wknd of not working I fill my tank with 500 ltrs of cold water from my Ibc tank which is not insulated.    So when I do this i will turn the heater on for a longer period of time.  This will get me between 45 and just over 50 degrees.
You guys who buy the immersion heaters, do know theres a thermostat inside which you can adjust. I have mine in the highest setting. Just a thought because im not doing anything special and surely cant be the only person getting hot water.
Immersion heaters used to give you hot water for baths in the past and you cant tell me you all had luke warm water for baths did you. (yes its a smaller tank, but the point being they give hot water).

Some from what ive gathered have for some strange reason fitted their heaters half way down their tanks because of short arms (their reasons not mine) and others have bought a 14inch length to fit in a large volume of water and so yes, ones who have done this will have little chance.

I also made sure i bought a bigger tank than needed for several reasons.  This gives me an advantage I agree. Also combined that my element is 27 inches long ( ;D :o)  and is as far down in the tank as possible also helps.  Finally sorting your tarrif out plays a difference in price and thats why i dont mind running mine for perhaps longer than some others.

All im reporting is what ive found to work for me.   
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2018, 07:50:16 pm »
After a wknd of not working I fill my tank with 500 ltrs of cold water from my Ibc tank which is not insulated.    So when I do this i will turn the heater on for a longer period of time.  This will get me between 45 and just over 50 degrees.
You guys who buy the immersion heaters, do know theres a thermostat inside which you can adjust. I have mine in the highest setting. Just a thought because im not doing anything special and surely cant be the only person getting hot water.
Immersion heaters used to give you hot water for baths in the past and you cant tell me you all had luke warm water for baths did you. (yes its a smaller tank, but the point being they give hot water).

Some from what ive gathered have for some strange reason fitted their heaters half way down their tanks because of short arms (their reasons not mine) and others have bought a 14inch length to fit in a large volume of water and so yes, ones who have done this will have little chance.

I also made sure i bought a bigger tank than needed for several reasons.  This gives me an advantage I agree. Also combined that my element is 27 inches long ( ;D :o)  and is as far down in the tank as possible also helps.  Finally sorting your tarrif out plays a difference in price and thats why i dont mind running mine for perhaps longer than some others.

All im reporting is what ive found to work for me.

Stop bragging about your length.  ;D

Your the only one to achieve those kind of temperatures Nathan. Honestly.

Go on any website that gives you the volume/heat calculator, and you’ll see what people will
Achieve.

Even if you had a 3 kw heater, to heat 500 litres of water from 5 degrees, to 60, you’d need to have it on full pelt for nearly 11 hours.

That would then cost you close to £7 per night in electric. The figures don’t lie mate, and that’s what myself, and all he other immersion users I know have found.........Except from Yourself.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

nathankaye

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2018, 08:13:25 pm »
Genetics  ;D ;D

But as an example of yours.
11Hrs with a 3kw heater.

7 hrs @7p per kwh (7×21pence) would cost £1.47
4 hrs peak @ 15p per kwh
(4hrs time 45p) would only be £1.80.
So it would only cost £3.27 per night of doing so on my tarrif.  Which is still less than a fiver and thats using your example. Then using another persons example, its a new year so put all your prices up by a quid and your laughing. So its still a win win surely
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2018, 08:51:48 pm »
So to summarize;

Diesil heater.                          Immersion heater

£5,000.          (]Setup cost)   less than £100
   A day of work.                       Couple of hrs in
                                                                 evening

£100.            (running cost)          about £40
 Per month.                                      Per month.

Hot water.        (benefits)            Hot water.
Frost protection.                  Frost protection

The potential earning cost is irrelevant as if both methods earn the same wage, which one gives the biggest net profit.

Erm,  im sticking to the immersion heater

;D ;D

An immersion heater turned on for a couple of hours in an evening isn’t going to give you hot water to work with it will prevent freezing and that’s it

Depends what heater you have and how long you have it on.  Plus what tarrif your on.  Before midnight it costs me 15pence per kwh. And only 7pence from midnight till 7 am.  Not exactly a fiver a night nor an extra 100 per month and i work with 60 degrees plus.
But even at 50 degrees i wouldnt want to put my hand in it.

In your post you have clearly put 2 hours per evening , yes if you put it on all night it will get hotter but I think you would struggle to heat a tank full of 500 ltr to those sort of temperatures over night Evan with an insulated tank : but anything is better than cold Evan warm water makes a difference and a far easier working day : as for cost dont Evan think about it it’s all ready priced into the weeks work

Splash & dash

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2018, 09:03:22 pm »
Genetics  ;D ;D

11Hrs with a 3kw heater.

4 hrs peak @ 15p per

unless Ime reading this wrongly it is 7p per kw you are using a 3 kw element so it’s surely 3x7 p any way so I think you are deluding yourself with the costs , hope I am reading this right ?
It is a scientific fact that it’s impossible to achieve the figures you come up with this has been proved by other s many times before
So it would only cost £3.27 per night of doing so on my tarrif.  Which is still less than a fiver and thats using your example. Then using another persons example, its a new year so put all your prices up by a quid and your laughing. So its still a win win surely

the king

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2018, 09:36:25 pm »
my gas heater cost £2 a day cant grumble at that

Jonny 87

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2018, 09:39:32 pm »
Genetics  ;D ;D

11Hrs with a 3kw heater.

4 hrs peak @ 15p per kwh

Fair play if your getting those tariffs! That makes it much more cost efficient.

The heating figures still stand though, and I wouldn’t want 3kw of power running from my house from the minute my van is in the drive, to the minute I drive away in the morning. 😬
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher