Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Customer lies & deceit
« on: December 20, 2017, 10:07:06 pm »
Not as bad as the title suggests...

Cleaning a 4 weekly house this morning which is right next to a house i do 8 weekly.

From behind me a womans voice, "hi have you got a card please"
Me - yes hang on ill get you one, turned round and said hello, walked towards the van to get a card, at this point i realised she was from next door...the house i clean 8 weekly...
Before i could say a word she asked "how much do you charge"?
I  said i already clean your windows! she was lost for words, oh yes sorry have you got a new van, yep i said.

Oh, er well next year we are having work done on the house so wont wont them doing as often so if you text me next time ill let you know...

So i get back in van and thought about it, 2 cleans ago she asked to skip no reason, i let it slide...last clean she did not unlock gate..she always unlocks the gate...only after i had knocked to no answer and started doing the front did she sneak out and unlock it..now shes asking for quotes from other cleaners and trying to fob me off with work being done next year..

so im obviously getting the picture here, i got back out and knocked and asked her if there was a problem with the service or the price considering she had just asked for a quote.

oh, er no, no i was just curious thats all...........BS!

Why oh why do people play these games, if you dont want your windows cleaning anymore just say!

Anyway i kid you not, very next job i picked up another custy from a next door neighbour.. and i thought to my self thats a stroke of luck, karma, there is a god etc....in my eagerness i just jumped in and did it...after i finished she paid and i said "did you want them doing regular?"  oh she says, give me a knock next time your round as we are having work done on the house soon!

couldnt make it up  :D

Slacky

Re: Customer lies & deceit
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 10:09:56 pm »
She didn't say because she's seen on Facebook groups when customers don't behave they get called knuts by their window cleaners.

Missing Link

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 10:40:09 pm »
after i finished she paid and i said "did you want them doing regular?"  oh she says, give me a knock next time your round as we are having work done on the house soon!

I wouldn't clean a job until we've sorted out a mutually agreeable frequency.  If it's a one-off, I'll quote a high price.  If I get it, great, if I don't (and I usually don't), then no harm done.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

tlwcs

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 06:44:31 am »
Buyers are liars, the old saying goes.

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 07:15:47 am »
classic.

while the window cleaners away the customers come out to play.

Steve Newres

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 07:27:06 am »

Cleaning a 4 weekly house this morning which is right next to a house i do 8 weekly.

Me - yes hang on ill get you one, turned round and said hello, walked towards the van to get a card, at this point i realised she was from next door...the house i clean 8 weekly...
I  said i already clean your windows! she was lost for words, oh yes sorry have you got a new van, yep i said.

Oh, er well next year we are having work done on the house so wont wont them doing as often so if you text me next time ill let you know...

So i get back in van and thought about it, 2 cleans ago she asked to skip no reason, i let it slide...last clean she did not unlock gate..she always unlocks the gate...only after i had knocked to no answer and started doing the front did she sneak out and unlock it..now shes asking for quotes from other cleaners and trying to fob me off with work being done next year..

so im obviously getting the picture here, i got back out and knocked and asked her if there was a problem with the service or the price considering she had just asked for a quote.

Why oh why do people play these games, if you dont want your windows cleaning anymore just say!

Anyway i kid you not, very next job i picked up another custy from a next door neighbour.. and i thought to my self thats a stroke of luck, karma, there is a god etc....in my eagerness i just jumped in and did it...after i finished she paid and i said "did you want them doing regular?"  oh she says, give me a knock next time your round as we are having work done on the house soon!

:o

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 08:07:23 am »

she obviously doesnt rate you as a window cleaner adam or maybe she just doesnt like you(it happens to me too sometimes!)

get over it and move on to your next job. ;)
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 08:54:52 pm »
What I find strange is that she didn't recognise you.  ;D

Quote her 20% more than what you already charge her. If you get it - brilliant!

It's a game of three halves!

Steve Newres

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 09:46:32 pm »

If he wants the job he needs to go in 20% lower. Jeez, you lot haven’t a clue.  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 10:33:37 pm »

Only seen her once before, didnt recognise her either until she pointed at her house.

lee_dewing

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 10:21:03 am »
Every road has got 1.

I picked up 10 in a road where a window walked away.

Within 6 months I had 3 left which I still do 7+ years later.

The  ditched customers, which was mostly me dumping 😁 all have a window cleaner.

I'm just glad it's not me!

I've given up trying to work people out Adam.

At a guess I'd say she wants it done but doesn't want to pay for it😁

Or she wants a little app on her phone she pushes and someone pops up within an hour 😁

Some might say the frequency is wrong😲

Basically some are never happy, I find 2-3 % in the 12+ years I've been on my own.

Merry Christmas everyone 🎄 🎅 🎄
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

RPCCS

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 01:48:32 pm »
after i finished she paid and i said "did you want them doing regular?"  oh she says, give me a knock next time your round as we are having work done on the house soon!

I wouldn't clean a job until we've sorted out a mutually agreeable frequency.  If it's a one-off, I'll quote a high price.  If I get it, great, if I don't (and I usually don't), then no harm done.
Likewise, more so this time of the year though, as said in my other thread about 1 offs.   I'm just not interested in 1 offs, unless they are straight with me up front-end say so, then I will charge double the normal price.
Cheers Rich