Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Re: Hypo scaremainering
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 09:39:37 pm »
So this removes red, green and black algae? You reckon if I put biological washing powder in my backpack it would work the same as algoclear or benz biocidal wash?

It depends it can be a bit of a lottery. As long as the bio poweder contains proteases which can break apart peptide bonds and there is a significant amount of it used i see no reason why not.

I found in my experience that using cheaper bio wash powder with no conditioners pre mixed (like oxy activation or carbon based scrubs and softener) in your more likely to get a washing powder with more agressive enzymes as on the 'premium' powders with pre mixed softener would have to have certain enzymes omitted due to the nature of them attacking the very ingredient in the powder itself.

Marc Stock

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 09:46:31 pm »
Great answer yesterday Mark sorry so long in replying. I have tried bio once or twice on UPVC and gutter cleans but didnt get a result. What  the most likely thing I did wrong ?

Not sure. Remeber bio washing will only remove stuff that enzymes can digest.

So. If you choose a powder that happens to not have the correct enzyme to digest that exact type of dirt or protein it.wont do it.

I find the cheapest bio powders the most effective. Also dont use hot water anything above 38 degrees c or your likely to destroy some.of the.enzynes

Marc Stock

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 09:48:28 pm »
http://www.stockclean.co.uk/index.php/about-us/wall-render-scrubs

All these jobs were done using bio washing powder

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 10:13:52 pm »

Looks good how long did it take you to do that brick wall ?

tom20001

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 10:15:18 pm »
Thats incredible Marc in fairness....... this render cleaning is an absolute minefield there are so many ways of doing it.

We need to be careful ive met two custies this yr putting bio washing powder all over patio and tarmac to clean it....we could be out of a job 🙈😂😂

Marc Stock

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 11:09:47 pm »

Looks good how long did it take you to do that brick wall ?
10 mins or so for each wall.

Been a good earner. I charge around £160 for these jobs.

Marc Stock

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 11:15:12 pm »
Thats incredible Marc in fairness....... this render cleaning is an absolute minefield there are so many ways of doing it.

We need to be careful ive met two custies this yr putting bio washing powder all over patio and tarmac to clean it....we could be out of a job 🙈😂😂

Tbh its not rocket science.

If you can wash clothes in it and it will clean them back as new..there is no reason why it wont clean walls etc.

This is why i think this whole 'softwashing' industry that seems to have popped up overnight is a con.

Paying for softwashing systems and training.....its laughable. Really

Been doing render washes like this for years, never called it softwashing..just wall washing or whatever...

Tom-01

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 02:04:22 pm »
Good results there Marc 👍

Which bio powder do you use? How much do you put in for say 20ltrs water?

Thanks
Tom

zesty

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 03:20:02 pm »

Tbh its not rocket science.

If you can wash clothes in it and it will clean them back as new..there is no reason why it wont clean walls etc.

This is why i think this whole 'softwashing' industry that seems to have popped up overnight is a con.

Paying for softwashing systems and training.....its laughable. Really

Been doing render washes like this for years, never called it softwashing..just wall washing or whatever...

Marc,

I’d agree with you there, although I do have a softwashing machine, I do find it laughable that people takes courses on such things.

It’s not hard, it’s common sense, and like you say, guys have been doing it for years and years.

In fact, I did a roof clean for a building company a few months back, and guess what they suggested:

‘A mix of bleach and water applied to the roof’

I couldn’t believe it! I said, ‘funnily enough, that’s exactly what I’ll be doing’ (with a surfactant)  so the point is, builders etc have also known about it for years.

It’s nothing new, it’s just ‘new’ to window cleaners.

I’ve not tried bio detergents, but to be honest, however it’s done, as long as it’s done safely, it shouldn’t be a concern to anyone.

If people lack common sense, and chuck hypo about all over the place, then they shouldn’t really be touching any chemicals. Those that understand it, and work safely with it should be perfectly fine.

Farmers use hypo all day to clean, it’s a widely used product - from agriculture to cleaning to swimming pools.

I might give bio a whirl. Sounds interesting!

Marc Stock

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 06:06:58 pm »
Good results there Marc 👍

Which bio powder do you use? How much do you put in for say 20ltrs water?

Thanks
Tom

Any cheap Biological powder will work. I tend to use co op's own brand stuff.

How much? I just chuck some in a bucket and scrub it on the wall