Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Are there any other swivel elbows about ?
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:29:18 pm »
Using the one that gardiners do at the moment , is there an alternative method as im getting proper p'd off with these ones !
What do you guys use ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

bobplum

Re: Are there any other swivel elbows about ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 09:30:47 pm »
constructor brush do one !!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:31:12 pm »
elbow as in reel connector or swivel as in brush pivot?
Comfortably Numb!

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 09:45:07 pm »
Ooop , sorry , its the hozelock type that fits on the reel , mine gave up the ghost yesterday , so i went to wickes and got a set of brass straight fittings , they are totally shot already , brass filings all over the place and leaking like fook , now im stuffed for tomorrow !

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 10:27:06 pm »
Ooop , sorry , its the hozelock type that fits on the reel , mine gave up the ghost yesterday , so i went to wickes and got a set of brass straight fittings , they are totally shot already , brass filings all over the place and leaking like fook , now im stuffed for tomorrow !

You could phone Sealey and ask them for a replacement swivel for the GH80 hose reel.

You will have to organise a female socket to adapt the swivel to your hose reel.

LeeGLS  bought some a few years ago for his hose reels.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 08:56:26 am »
i too got sick of elbow fittings leaking on my claber reel.

i bought a cox reel with industry grade fittings.not cheap  but no leaks and itll last me a very long time.
price higher/work harder!

Soupy

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 02:14:03 pm »
Replacing the rubber o ring can extend life.

Mine has been dribbling a bit this week.

Funnily enough the leak worsened this morning - especially when the pressure was off or the reel was spinning (claber) - replaced o ring and all good again.

Might just be coincidence but I had a dirty first clean at daybreak and had water at 45 degrees in my tank - might be that that finished off the (already tired) joint?
It's a game of three halves!

Soupy

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 02:18:52 pm »
Mine has been dribbling a bit this week.

See your GP.

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 06:27:03 pm »
Yep still going strong so much better than the hose lock elbow they were about £12 a few years ago

You could phone Sealey and ask them for a replacement swivel for the GH80 hose reel.

You will have to organise a female socket to adapt the swivel to your hose reel.

LeeGLS  bought some a few years ago for his hose reels.

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »
Thanks all , few there to check out , i had to bite the bullet and do a 60 mile round trip to get one this morning as the fitting i cobbled up was leaking more than the elbow i took off !
Broke my heart though , i ended up paying near on £17 for it at Varitech , Gardiners do the same one for £8 i think .
I dont have an issue with them really , they do last a long time , its just when they go they go big time and you cant run without them , lesson learned , get a spare from Alex on my next order !

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 08:57:25 pm »
Thanks all , few there to check out , i had to bite the bullet and do a 60 mile round trip to get one this morning as the fitting i cobbled up was leaking more than the elbow i took off !
Broke my heart though , i ended up paying near on £17 for it at Varitech , Gardiners do the same one for £8 i think .
I dont have an issue with them really , they do last a long time , its just when they go they go big time and you cant run without them , lesson learned , get a spare from Alex on my next order !

Strangely enough I bought 2 of them from Gardiners about 6 or 7 years ago. I fitted one to my sons hose reel and its still on there leak free. His hose reel isn't used every day but amazingly it doesn't leak even although there is so much play/movement in it that one day it will just pull apart. Never had a replacement o ring inside it either.

The second one is still one the van in my spares box.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 09:29:16 pm »
I dont think that there is anything internal that you can replace , you can change the large blue rubber or the o ring on the connector spout , but even if you allen key the thing apart it just seems like its machined brass to brass , once it gets too much wear/play it appears to be game over .
Either that or mine is so old maybe a fibre washer has totally disintergrated , if there ever was one , i see nothing else there !