Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richyp

Inside conservatory roof cleaning
« on: November 26, 2017, 04:58:33 pm »
Hi guys , are these stingray indoor cleaning kits from unger any good for inside conservatory roofs ?

R

Johnny B

Re: Inside conservatory roof cleaning
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 10:22:27 pm »
I have been thinking about getting one. At the moment though, to clean inside conservatory rooves or velux windows I soap up the glass, then put a clean microfiber cloth over my squeegee to wipe clean. No drips and clean glass!

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 07:31:53 am »
I wouldn't! just use step ladders and a good old bit of elbow grease with microfibres. I've not got on with the vikan easyshine kit, but i suppose the stingray could be different
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:42:24 am »
personally i dont clean inside conservatory roofs but some window cleaners find the karcher vac good for these jobs.
price higher/work harder!

tom20001

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 07:36:38 pm »
I wouldn't! just use step ladders and a good old bit of elbow grease with microfibres. I've not got on with the vikan easyshine kit, but i suppose the stingray could be different

Ive done a few this way and every time it makes me want to retire there and then 🙈🙈😂

Lee GLS

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 07:45:21 pm »
I recently cleaned an inside with a karcher and it actually wasn’t that bad a job, much easier than using a squeegee because there is no mess

tom20001

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 07:49:45 pm »
I recently cleaned an inside with a karcher and it actually wasn’t that bad a job, much easier than using a squeegee because there is no mess

Is the battery not woeful though?

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 04:16:50 pm »
I hate doing inside conservatory roofs.
I want an empty connie, mop and blade and then clean the floor after.
Might try a Karcher now though...
No b0lllll0cks, not doing them!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 05:03:42 pm »
We wait till there back is turned and water fed pole it.
Little bit stressy though.  ;)

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 05:21:50 pm »
I used to live in Wickford.
I know how you Rayleigh boys work... ;D

Good idea though...
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Marc Stock

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 05:46:31 pm »
I use a fixiclamp on a pole with microfiber and scrims..id

rb4no

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 10:14:40 am »
Cleaned my first conservatory roof yesterday. It was actually one of those orangery jobbies with large wooden beams very high end build. Was quite nervous as I’m a bit of a squeegee novice but decided from the outset not to squeegee it. What I did was cleaned the beams with soapy water to get rid of bug poo wipe dry and get rid of cobwebs etc. Then I misted the inside of the panes with pure water, then wiped that off with a damp unger microfibre cloth then buffed with a dry one. Results were excellent!  Pros, very easy for the inexperienced and inexpensive, Cons, in my case non however it may not work so well on a greasy kitchen soiled ceiling.

slap bash

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 08:11:14 am »
I use a floor mop sold by  Lydle it`s lime green and white. The best thing is you can buy the micro fiber sleeves lose so you can change them when wet.