Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ian1965

Low pressure membrane
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:37:59 pm »
Time to replace my low pressure 4040 membrane Any recommendations as to the best one to purchase and advice of changing them over - Thanks

Spruce

Re: Low pressure membrane
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:42:19 pm »
GAPS water.
Axeon HF5

IMHO this is the best one. Its not the cheapest but  is far better quality overall than some of the cheap chinese counterfeits out there.

One of the lads from another forum was tempted by the price of this membrane.
http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/best-value-hf4-4040-membrane.html
Unfortunately for him it did exactly what they said it would do - 80% rejection rate. The cost of resin to polish of the remaining tds will eventually be more than the saving on the membrane's purchase price.

We have a champ housing so these are the instructions for this model. It will be a similar procedure for any other housing.

You only need to remove the feed end housing to remove and replace the membrane.
Insert the membrane into the housing with the black brine seal at the feed end (ie feed the membrane in with
the brine seal end going in last). Always good to smear a very thin coat of silicone grease onto the o rings to help them slide in easier. (You can also use Vaseline. ) Push the membrane firmly to ensure it is fully inserted. Push in the end cap, again ensure it is fully inserted to reveal the holding ring groove (Champ housing). Replace the holding ring (Champ Housing.)
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

mufcglen

Re: Low pressure membrane
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 04:31:57 pm »
Yep from everything I've read up on I'm getting a hf5 membrane, seem to be the best producing membrane about.
Gaps water seem to be the cheapest I've found at £272 inc postage.