Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dd

Re: Waterworks
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 12:21:35 pm »
I was told if you direct charge it the leisure batteries life is seriously shortened , trust me I spent ages sorting out the same problem , you need to install the sterling power battery to battery charger asap regards alan
I direct charge mine and they last OK.

Main thing to avoid is letting battery run too low, this will decrease its capacity to hold a charge. I simply run a lead to van from garage and charge each night (use an intelligent charger). Easy and quick to do.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 03:57:13 pm »
I bought the power up HD with remote control.looks great on the video when they just press the key fob and walk back to the van as it all reels in.But! when i get back to the van all the hose is snagged up.takes 10 mins to untangle it.what a waste of time.It shouldnt be sold with a remote key fob if it doesnt actualy work properly.Anyone else had this problem?

I have found the same, the hose will jump off the real and jam under the sides.

Would a 'lead in' guide suspended from the roof help?  That way the hose would always feed on to the reel from in front, instead of from one side or the other.

Soupy

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 04:07:58 pm »
Just had my Renault trafic kitted out by them last month.

Can't fault it at all, no teething issues or problems. Everything works flawless. They fitted it on a Saturday for me To prevent downtime too.

The top one has been installed wrong.

It's clearly downside up.

p1w1

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 04:15:50 pm »
i like the look of these systems. Are the tanks properly baffled?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 09:10:30 pm »
dont talk to me about pulling the hose off the reel,it just keeps spinning and gets in a right mess

mike1986

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 10:11:42 pm »
I have this system and I would say the only downsides are that you can not drain the tank in any way other than through the brushes. Also it is a bit sloshy when driving around. Other than that it's excellent

Jonny 87

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 04:41:13 am »
i like the look of these systems. Are the tanks properly baffled?

They are baffled, but could do with a little bit more to be honest. It's not major, but you can feel it slightly. You can always add your own baffle balls or pipes if you feel it's a major issue.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Jonny 87

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 04:42:09 am »
I have this system and I would say the only downsides are that you can not drain the tank in any way other than through the brushes. Also it is a bit sloshy when driving around. Other than that it's excellent

I know what you mean. I've added a little bilge pump to it, connected to a battery. Means it can kick out 40 litres per minute to empty the tank.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Jonny 87

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 04:43:52 am »
dont talk to me about pulling the hose off the reel,it just keeps spinning and gets in a right mess

I never have that problem mind you.

Youve got to not pull the reel really hard as it will over spool, but I just walk at a normal pace and its fine.

I heard that Jordan is sending out a gadget soon to adjust the tension.