Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: Keeping your round in order
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 11:20:33 pm »
240 customers sounds a good size round. Do you clean 4wkly or longer?
If its grab the cash whilst you can attitude you will always be chasing your tail mate. Learn to say "NO" lol just not so bluntly. If they cant wait to be fitted into your schedule, is it really worth sacrificing the bread n butter for??
Build your round on quality and reliability and more work will come. The add on jobs can be scheduled to fit in with your time frame and if not, let it go. They are one off's, but you being regular will build your reputation and your window round.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 07:27:24 am »
240 customers sounds a good size round. Do you clean 4wkly or longer?
If its grab the cash whilst you can attitude you will always be chasing your tail mate. Learn to say "NO" lol just not so bluntly. If they cant wait to be fitted into your schedule, is it really worth sacrificing the bread n butter for??
Build your round on quality and reliability and more work will come. The add on jobs can be scheduled to fit in with your time frame and if not, let it go. They are one off's, but you being regular will build your reputation and your window round.

Its getting there but as Im still building I'm still weeding out messers and non payers etc so the amount of customers fluctuates a bit at the moment pick a few up lose a few. There's probably 10 that will need to be dropped at the moment as I've a few non payers. That's why I'm tending to grab the cash so to speak.  I work 4 and 8 weekly about 80% or more is 4 weekly.

Shrek

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 07:31:11 am »
I think it may help sitting down, going through your whole round and say dividing it up equally over 20 days , 12 window jobs a morning and then you've got room for an add on every afternoon if you like

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 07:41:37 am »
my round has been honed and refined over 24 years so its now  just one big mega round! ;D

350+ customers.lots of 4 weekly,some 6 weekly,8 weekly.very compact estate work,larger domestic stand alones,commercial jobs,millionaires houses and everything in between.

the refining is never ending.lose a few ,gain a few although i have a solid core of work that hardly ever wavers from month to month.
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 10:21:50 am »
Well its bouncing down today so day off for a sort out.

Ive decided to put all my work into Mon- Wed that allows  thurs n friday for any add on IF im done with the windows, if its a bad week weather wise then ive got slipping room, important thing is all the weeks windows are done as a priority, that should stop it getting messed up again. but we shall see

If i start a bit earlier and work a bit later it should be no problem.

Does anyone use the "rounds" function on george? all my work is on "main round" but ive noticed you can create rounds and assign jobs to each round.

So week 1 round 1 week 4 round 4 etc

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 12:47:45 pm »
Well its bouncing down today so day off for a sort out.

Ive decided to put all my work into Mon- Wed that allows  thurs n friday for any add on IF im done with the windows, if its a bad week weather wise then ive got slipping room, important thing is all the weeks windows are done as a priority, that should stop it getting messed up again. but we shall see

If i start a bit earlier and work a bit later it should be no problem.

Does anyone use the "rounds" function on george? all my work is on "main round" but ive noticed you can create rounds and assign jobs to each round.

Thats exactly how i organise my work, but in a good old fashion paper note pad.  Keeps my hand writing in check and no silly miss keying as i do on the qwerty keypad on phone
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

George Systems

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 02:29:02 pm »

Hi

I don't recommend creating separate Rounds for different days or weeks. If it rains or whatever and some of Week 1's jobs don't get done they end up on the wrong round. so you have to print off weeks 1 and 2 - if you remember.

Multiple Rounds are really intended for different geographical areas, like villages or whatever, where all the jobs are in one place.

It's also useful if you have other people working for you - they can have a Round each, and Debt List too if you want.

Paul Sanders
GeorgeSystems

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 06:09:16 pm »
ive decided to have a week off next week(not had one since xmas!)so ive just moved my whole schedule forward 7 days.easy peasy to!literally 20 seconds on cleaner planner. ;)

Marc Stock

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 09:42:26 pm »
I divide my work the following way.

For monthly window cleans, these get done on the 1st Friday of the month.

Bi monthly window cleans are the majority of my work. All organised by geographical location. Mondays Tuesdays and Thursdaya

Quarterly Window cleans are done on the 2nd 3rd &4th Fridays of the month.

My calander is a 4 week month. On any odd days where there is a fith week, that's where one off cleans are booked, or extra jobs go.

I take Wednesdays off. To do what I want.

Happy days.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 10:31:37 pm »
ive decided to have a week off next week(not had one since xmas!)so ive just moved my whole schedule forward 7 days.easy peasy to!literally 20 seconds on cleaner planner. ;)

You can do that Dazmond in George, Aworka or Cleaner Plannner quickly and easily but there's no getting away from the fact that those jobs will then be overdue and you will have double the amount of work the week after. Residential customers and even some commercial customers won't mind I know.

But if you can do 2 weeks work in a week then you're not maximising your earning potential in the first place IMO.

I know it's a life/work balance & if people want to take a week off then that's up to them. I get that. It's a perk of being self employed. We all have days off and holidays but those jobs will not get done on schedule. You can only do a day's work in a day.

I like to be pretty much up to date to keep my round in order and to have that feeling of achievement that you've hit your target for the day. Otherwise I'm forever chasing my tail and I feel I'm not getting anywhere. It gets demoralising.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2017, 03:19:20 pm »

You can do that Dazmond in George, Aworka or Cleaner Plannner quickly and easily but there's no getting away from the fact that those jobs will then be overdue and you will have double the amount of work the week after. Residential customers and even some commercial customers won't mind I know.

But if you can do 2 weeks work in a week then you're not maximising your earning potential in the first place IMO.

I know it's a life/work balance & if people want to take a week off then that's up to them. I get that. It's a perk of being self employed. We all have days off and holidays but those jobs will not get done on schedule. You can only do a day's work in a day.

I like to be pretty much up to date to keep my round in order and to have that feeling of achievement that you've hit your target for the day. Otherwise I'm forever chasing my tail and I feel I'm not getting anywhere. It gets demoralising.

sorry mate but what are you on about?

IVE MOVED MY WHOLE SCHEDULE FORWARD 7 DAYS(ALL 350+ JOBS)

so that means i wont have "double "the work to clean the week after.i simply start off where i would ve started the week before.

my whole round will be a week behind but my whole schedule wont show it because ive moved it forward.

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 03:47:40 pm »
That's what I do if taking a week off, just shift the lot. Sod trying to catch up

Tosh

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 07:37:09 pm »
I go to work and clean whatever's due.

Sod moving work a week forward on your planner, sounds like hard work. Just imagine what you could’ve earn’t in the amount of time you took to do that. At least 85p.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Shrek

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 07:44:03 pm »
I suppose the easiest way to go on holiday without it affecting your work is only work 20 days a month. Then go away at the end of the 5 week months

windowswashed

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 10:05:04 pm »
Easy to organise.....Best earners regular on the day expected, good earners within a day or two of date, ok earners..same week, poor work....fit in as and when you can....simple :)

Simon Trapani

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 01:59:01 pm »

so that means i wont have "double "the work to clean the week after.i simply start off where i would ve started the week before.

my whole round will be a week behind but my whole schedule wont show it because ive moved it forward.

We'll have to agree to disagree Dazmond.

We just work my way through everything that's overdue like Slacky said. We will catchup eventually even if it takes weeks.

Personally I'd rather do that than shift everything (600 jobs).  For instance it may have rained (we don't clean in the rain - I know you do) 6 weeks ago (our residentials are 6 weekly) so  we'll have a day spare this time round. If I shift everthing I'll have to bring something forward again to fill that day. Also I have an employee to consider. In 25 years window cleaning I haven't found an ideal solution.

Tom White

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2017, 02:14:02 pm »
Easy to organise.....Best earners regular on the day expected, good earners within a day or two of date, ok earners..same week, poor work....fit in as and when you can....simple :)

Me too.

robbo333

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2017, 02:44:57 pm »
I clean 8 weekly and I use Aworka to organise my round. Thank you to Chris (who runs it) I think he is exceptionally good and very helpful. I am a one man band and it works well for me.
I try to clean 4 days per week and leave a day for rain. I do clean in light rain but not the heavy stuff (can't be bothered). Unfortunately I get a bit busy and put in a fifth day, or work Saturdays doing gutter/fascia jobs etc. I don't mind this because the alternative is shopping with Mrs Window Cleaner at Sainsburys. (A double negative in my book).
I plan my days so all the cleans are in one place (same street or never more than a street away).  It's compact and it works for me. Unfortunately I also have some 4 weekly and 12 weekly work which I took on when I first started and now wish I had not. It's well paid (but only if you're in the area). I'm now finding anything other than 8 weeks to be a PIA.
In Aworka, I use the Monday-Friday section to organise my 8 weekly round.
Sunday (which is the first column: start of the week) I use to put in all my work that is not 8 weekly.  So every week I have four days of planned and scheduled work (plus one day for rain). Plus the 'Sunday' column with all my work that is 4 or 12 weeks that I need to fit in somewhere during the week. The problem is I am busy during the week and can't always fit it in. So I end up on a Friday running around fitting in the extra work. I don't want to bin it, because it's well paid, but I don't want to keep it because its a PIA.  (Any suggestions here would be good).
Daily: I text or phone every customer the day before I clean. Where I am, most custies have locked gates and I am 52 with (not very good bones, according to my dietician), so I don't really want to fall off...anything!
Now for me this texting and phoning actually works; after 8 weeks most want their windows cleaned. If they are in...great. 99% will leave their gate open and some money out, or pay online, if I leave them a slip. The ones that forget, or are on holiday (I clean the fronts only and charge half price, they all know that). I think that's fair and reasonable. I've never lost a customer doing this. Most are apologetic and it rarely happens again. If it happens more than twice they are history. To counteract any potential loss in revenue during the day I tend to over subscribe my work. So if I want £200 a day, I will contact £230 to allow for people on holidays etc.
However, I am still back to the 4 and 12 weekly work. I will either have to change them to 8 weekly, or get more work so I can bin them.
That's a shame  ???
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Stoots

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2017, 04:44:10 pm »

We'll have to agree to disagree Dazmond.

We just work my way through everything that's overdue like Slacky said. We will catchup eventually even if it takes weeks.

Personally I'd rather do that than shift everything (600 jobs).  For instance it may have rained (we don't clean in the rain - I know you do) 6 weeks ago (our residentials are 6 weekly) so  we'll have a day spare this time round. If I shift everthing I'll have to bring something forward again to fill that day. Also I have an employee to consider. In 25 years window cleaning I haven't found an ideal solution.

Understandable if you employ.

As a sole trader though take a week off and just move the lot, no need to catch up. Just lose a weeks earnings.