Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Can you come and clean our windows please.
« on: March 24, 2017, 08:34:56 pm »
Why? Because we had our patio & driveway cleaned by a cowboy that splattered crap everywhere. lol

I was very tempted to say get him back to clean them then but thought better of it.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets calls like this from time to time surely?

Dry Clean

Re: Can you come and clean our windows please.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:40:02 pm »
The worst one is when you just finish cleaning a semi and a guy turns up to power wash next doors fascia's.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:50:56 pm »
Often it's the house owner who has done his own driveway.
It's a game of three halves!

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 08:51:46 pm »
The worst one is when you just finish cleaning a semi and a guy turns up to power wash next doors fascia's.

Not had that one yet myself. However quite a common one for me that drives me bonkers  is when a gardener turns up and fires up a  bloody petrol leaf blower and start blasting dust and crap back onto freshly cleaned windows. Now that really does my head in. lol

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:53:58 pm »

And quite often very badly too. lol

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 09:03:08 pm »
On this occasion I was told it was a local driveway cleaning firm that done the work but when I asked would not tell me who it was. I also did not have the heart to tell him it was a really crap job either as the block pavers were still covered in black spot.

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 10:01:48 pm »

And quite often very badly too. lol

Last year i started leaving quotes with my clients to pressure wash their drives, especially in a small cul de sac. They all recommended i spoke to another of my customer in same cul de sac because all they heard for 2 days was the flippin karcher machine starting n stopping. I had to laugh when i was at that house, what a mess, lines all over the place and obviously didnt touch the lichens.
However credit to them, they did try n tidy up the glass work before i was due for the windows  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 08:15:55 am »
Had 1 customer call me up saying" your due tomorow are you?" Yes i said "good he says, im going to jetwash the back before you come and you can clean it off" was only the second clean of a house i wanted so kept shtumm! Another fiirst clean!

Had another 1 where the gardiner used to turn up day before me and spray grass all over windows at ground level, it was dried on before i got there. A real pain to get off. Customer never in so i left a note" can you please ask your gardiner to rinse grass off windows as its taking twice as long as it should for the price i quoted you to clean your windows"
Never seen a blade o grass since!
Nice chap.

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 10:54:02 am »
Most seems to have diy washers and give it a go and get crap everywhere. When it either breaks or they get fed up trying especially trying to clean block paving. That's when they decide to call in a so say "pro" for a quote like I've just been on which is booked in for next week. Mind I did say I will clean up properly afterwards and they will also get a free window clean which obviously clinched the deal. lol