Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

duncan h

sending text out or not
« on: March 26, 2017, 09:40:20 pm »
I know most of you don't send texts out. I send a text and post a slip. I then have reference when/if I did it. Got a bad memory, so need  all the help I can
Sometimes I send a few texts out at a time, when I let dogs have a quick walk. Sometimes I do then house by house. Sometimes I forget :0
many times I leave the slip in my pocket.
Just reminded a customer to pay. He said he paid me on the 2nd after my text. I said there is nothing from Feb on.
Turned out, I forgot to text him and his wife threw the slip
Spent ages messing about.

Stoots

Re: sending text out or not
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 11:01:57 pm »
Not sure I follow exactly what you ar saying.

I text them if needed for access. I post slip with payment details.  And I text for payment reminders.

duncan h

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 11:55:53 pm »

I text them if needed for access. I post slip with payment details.  And I text for payment reminders.
Most people on here just post a slip saying WINDOWS CLEANED. Always good for backup to say you have cleaned the windows. If a slip gets lost or binned and they say you didn't clean them!

Don Simon

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 04:46:31 am »
If there is any doubt about payment I let it go as I would rather lose a few quid rather than lose a custy.
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 06:06:14 am »

Most people on here just post a slip saying WINDOWS CLEANED. Always good for backup to say you have cleaned the windows. If a slip gets lost or binned and they say you didn't clean them!

That's what I do. I've had a few say they lost the slip or didnt see it but never had no one say they haven't been cleaned. If they said that they wouldn't last very long. I've never once tried to pull a fast one on a customer by not cleaning them and trying to get paid so would take offence at that. There needs to be an element of trust both ways.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 06:08:51 am »
If there is any doubt about payment I let it go as I would rather lose a few quid rather than lose a custy.

Done that a couple of times when someone swears blind they've paid but I don't think they have. If a customer has been a good one for years then it's daft to duno them over a mistake. You have ti weigh it up.

tlwcs

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 06:18:47 am »
Text all mine with access issues but never leave a note, always email an invoice

Johnny B

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 08:07:37 am »
I send out texts to customers who prefer advance notice that I am due (only a handful a week).

I use a duplicate type invoice book, so if they say they have lost theirs I can show them my copy.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 08:29:02 am »

really? ::)roll

its very easy to prove a customers not paid.i simply print out a statement of account for them to inspect.if its a BACS payment its even easier.

a couple of times this has happened and once ive printed a SOA  they cough up and apologise. ;)

im not forgetful when it comes to money owed lads! ;D CLEANER PLANNER sees to that.
price higher/work harder!