Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Don Simon

Lost my good friend and rock of 34 years a couple of weeks ago.           We used to work together using ladders and squeegee, and when I converted to wfp he couldnt do it as he struggled with terrible depression.

Anyway I was there today at the house helping his wife and I just had a look in his little office.     He used to sit there and just loved to read to his bible, gave him a lot of joy.       I looked around and noticed his window cleaning jacket still with the scrims and squeegee in pockets and it made me weep,
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

Jonny 87

Re: Last memory of my late friend hardcore old school window cleaner.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 06:43:59 am »
Really sad times.  :(

Depression is a terrible thing.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 06:48:27 am »
Samson, your mate dieing and the ex giving you grief can bring you down. By all means grieve for your mate but don't let the ex get at you. Both me and my ex agree there were problems on both sides and we were both to blame for not addressing the issues, perhaps even a bit immature.

However the current wife of nearly 20 years still acts with the mental and emotional abandon of a 13 year old.  Took her leave of here 8 months ago after causing no end of trouble and destroying the lives of good friends. Leaving me with an 18 year old and a 15 year old.
We all are imperfect and make mistakes, that's human. However some try to blame others to hide their own shortcomings or wilfull bad behaviour. Personally i have found it better to go no contact as there is nothing i can do to change the situation, maybe you should do the same.

People say what they want others to believe and do exactly what they want to do. If your ex wanted to show love for her kids then her actions would show it and you wouldn't have to force the issue.  Just be sure to build your young un's up so they aren't screwed up by the lack of love from their mother, it's common even though unnatural. But over the last 30 years or so the kids have supported their mothers through benifit payments, some mothers have never done a day's work to support their own. Just accept the situation and be strong for the family and your own well-being

Oh and get to bed at an earlier time with a cup of Horlicks, you need plenty of sleep to cope with the situation.

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 06:56:58 am »
Lost a few friends all very young.

Don Simon

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:30:11 am »
Samson, your mate dieing and the ex giving you grief can bring you down. By all means grieve for your mate but don't let the ex get at you. Both me and my ex agree there were problems on both sides and we were both to blame for not addressing the issues, perhaps even a bit immature.

However the current wife of nearly 20 years still acts with the mental and emotional abandon of a 13 year old.  Took her leave of here 8 months ago after causing no end of trouble and destroying the lives of good friends. Leaving me with an 18 year old and a 15 year old.
We all are imperfect and make mistakes, that's human. However some try to blame others to hide their own shortcomings or wilfull bad behaviour. Personally i have found it better to go no contact as there is nothing i can do to change the situation, maybe you should do the same.

People say what they want others to believe and do exactly what they want to do. If your ex wanted to show love for her kids then her actions would show it and you wouldn't have to force the issue.  Just be sure to build your young un's up so they aren't screwed up by the lack of love from their mother, it's common even though unnatural. But over the last 30 years or so the kids have supported their mothers through benifit payments, some mothers have never done a day's work to support their own. Just accept the situation and be strong for the family and your own well-being

Oh and get to bed at an earlier time with a cup of Horlicks, you need plenty of sleep to cope with the situation.
That is a beautiful way of explaining things, and I really appreciate the time and thought in your post,
My main concern now is the welfare of my son who is making a remarkable recovery after being in and out of different mental hospitals.       Finally seeing him as the sweet kind hearted loving kid he used to be.
The death of my friend is taking its toll, but just wanted to show what a powerful man when he was a pro boxer and he was a lifesaver to me, but I couldnt help him in his hour of need,

Seeing his window cleaning jacket hanging on the door just set me off !        Makes you appreciate the more important things in life.    We are helping his widow now, and making sure she has all the support we can give her,

Once again thank you for your kind words.
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 11:26:57 am »
Aye, it is quite poignant; even when you didn't know the bloke.
Keep doing what you're doing, Samson- helping his wife, your son and clogging The Other Section up with your threads! Haha.
Best wishes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 02:27:28 pm »
Sorry you lost your good friend. Depression is the worst killer,  it gets so many victims :(

stig

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 07:29:50 pm »
Thoughts are with you ..
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...