Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Not eligible for a google business listing wtf
« on: February 15, 2017, 07:11:58 am »
So , I've been emailing google about getting this 1⭐️ Review removed. They have now turned round and said because I don't have a store front for customers to visit, I'm no longer eligible for a business listing on google..... what a load of b🤡Llocks that is , anyone else experienced this?
Any thoughts 💭?

Ian101

Re: Not eligible for a google business listing wtf
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 01:32:14 pm »
Yes u need to appeal and tell them customers come to your place of business or if you have been pinging emails to them maybe too late so have to register again from scratch

Google are having a purge of businesses that don't have customers that come to them make sure in ur settings u tell them yes customers come to my premises

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 05:30:27 pm »
Your probably better off with out it if all you get is bad reviews. lol

Keiron Bradley

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 12:06:09 am »
You do NOT need a location for customers to visit. If you did that would make a great deal of service based businesses ineligible.
You do need to provide your address to be sent a verification code but don't have to display it.
I have attached a screenshot from their FAQ's to assist.

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 06:51:11 am »
You do NOT need a location for customers to visit. If you did that would make a great deal of service based businesses ineligible.
You do need to provide your address to be sent a verification code but don't have to display it.

if u want to show on google maps and the map pack you do need premises that customers can visit or they will remove you from the map ... personally happened to me last week

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 07:00:12 am »
https://support.google.com/business/answer/145585?hl=en-GB

section 1 ..... 3rd dot down

•Google My Business listings are used by local businesses with a physical shop front (or that serve customers at their location). Only listings are eligible to appear on Google Maps.

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 07:42:43 am »
Yes u need to appeal and tell them customers come to your place of business or if you have been pinging emails to them maybe too late so have to register again from scratch

Google are having a purge of businesses that don't have customers that come to them make sure in ur settings u tell them yes customers come to my premises

Cheers Ian , maybe a little too late for that. I don't understand why she brought it up , I was asking her to remove a review and then she started saying send me a picture of your store front  ???

Ineligible businesses
The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

Businesses that are under construction or that have not yet opened to the public.
Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments.
Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.
An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent.

So I don't really fit into the eligible or ineligible category

Keiron Bradley

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 11:40:26 pm »

if u want to show on google maps and the map pack you do need premises that customers can visit or they will remove you from the map ... personally happened to me last week

I was only trying to help the guy by providing him with the relevant info.
But if you insist on trying to be clever I would say the following:
I didn't say anything about Maps - the original post refers to BUSINESS LISTING - not maps.
And I was correctly making the point that a business does not need a physical location to be eligible for a BUSINESS LISTING.
And you clearly don't understand the eligibility guidelines. It's not "serve customers at their location" as in their meaning the business.  It's having a physical shop front OR  travel to visit customers where THEY are,i.e. where the customer is = a service provider.
But on the subject of maps again you don't need a location for customers to visit to appear. If you did how on earth would service providers appear? And that personally happens to me every week because I'm on maps and don't have a location to visit.

As for the suggestion of intentionally falsely representing how your business operates and lie by saying customers come to you when they don't....yeah terrific idea that if you want to get thrown off GMB completely.
Not only is it unnecessary as explained above, it's also only a matter of time before they realise. Assuming the main business category is 'Cleaning Service' or 'Window Cleaners' how long do you think it will take them to work out he may just be telling them porkies? Unless of course they think customers take their windows to him.
Or registering from scratch? Yes that's fine if he changes the company name,domain name and where he lives (assuming he wants listing verified). Otherwise they will already have all the current information about him and his company,and again,may just possibly notice he's not being completely honest and trying to have them over.
They also use other information/website/directory listings across the web - not just what you tell them.

There is no purge going on of businesses without a shop front. That would totally defeat the whole point of GMB and not only wipe out a good deal of its listings,it would render the whole thing pretty useless. It would also automatically make Bing,Yelp (in US particularly),Yell etc the go-to places for ALL business info. That is the last thing Google wants to do. It wants to be the pre-eminent search engine for everything.
Finally,getting thrown off GMB has implications for ranking in local search. The algorithms used in producing local search results use your Google My Business listing , among other things , for 'relevancy signals'  relative to the search term entered. No GMB listing can only have a detrimental effect and is likely to result in a lower ranking.

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 08:29:49 am »

I was only trying to help the guy by providing him with the relevant info.
But if you insist on trying to be clever I would say the following:
I didn't say anything about Maps - the original post refers to BUSINESS LISTING - not maps.
And I was correctly making the point that a business does not need a physical location to be eligible for a BUSINESS LISTING.
And you clearly don't understand the eligibility guidelines. It's not "serve customers at their location" as in their meaning the business.  It's having a physical shop front OR  travel to visit customers where THEY are,i.e. where the customer is = a service provider.
But on the subject of maps again you don't need a location for customers to visit to appear. If you did how on earth would service providers appear? And that personally happens to me every week because I'm on maps and don't have a location to visit.

As for the suggestion of intentionally falsely representing how your business operates and lie by saying customers come to you when they don't....yeah terrific idea that if you want to get thrown off GMB completely.
Not only is it unnecessary as explained above, it's also only a matter of time before they realise. Assuming the main business category is 'Cleaning Service' or 'Window Cleaners' how long do you think it will take them to work out he may just be telling them porkies? Unless of course they think customers take their windows to him.
Or registering from scratch? Yes that's fine if he changes the company name,domain name and where he lives (assuming he wants listing verified). Otherwise they will already have all the current information about him and his company,and again,may just possibly notice he's not being completely honest and trying to have them over.
They also use other information/website/directory listings across the web - not just what you tell them.

There is no purge going on of businesses without a shop front. That would totally defeat the whole point of GMB and not only wipe out a good deal of its listings,it would render the whole thing pretty useless. It would also automatically make Bing,Yelp (in US particularly),Yell etc the go-to places for ALL business info. That is the last thing Google wants to do. It wants to be the pre-eminent search engine for everything.
Finally,getting thrown off GMB has implications for ranking in local search. The algorithms used in producing local search results use your Google My Business listing , among other things , for 'relevancy signals'  relative to the search term entered. No GMB listing can only have a detrimental effect and is likely to result in a lower ranking.

Morning Kieron - apologies if I offended you in anyway but been on here for a long time and nearly 8000 posts Ive never been clever or smart bum with anyone so sorry if it came across that way.

yup your obviously correct in everything your saying about business listings my advice was put over in normal speak not seo terminology with all the correct terms as this is a window cleaners site.

The purge claim I found on an American SEO group im in and was to do with paid ads appearing in the map pack plus it happened to me so maybe 2+2 makes 5 but they seemed convinced ?

Window cleaning customers do come to my house for business purposes such as dropping off payment, buying ro water for their fish tanks so no lying to google on my listing but can appreciate not same for everyone.

Keiron Bradley

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 02:43:25 pm »
Ian,
That wasn't what I was expecting and VERY gracious of you indeed.
And please accept my apologies. I wasn't proud of myself after posting and it's general tone and wording.
I now realise I misinterpreted your comments and thank you for being a gentleman.
Keiron.