Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

Anglian water sewage charge
« on: October 20, 2016, 07:03:44 am »
I am moving house and will be having a water meter. Has anyone dealt with Anglian water about claiming back sewage charges?

nathankaye

Re: Anglian water sewage charge
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:37:53 am »
A friend of mine did, as he uses a water butt, not for window cleaning purposes. He was cheeky with it as well. He wrote them and charged them £25 fee for administration. They actually sent him a chequr for 25.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 11:26:56 am »
I am moving house and will be having a water meter. Has anyone dealt with Anglian water about claiming back sewage charges?

Hey buddy long time no speak!
let me know how you get on with this as I'm with Anglian water but have not got round to sorting this.. oops.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

dd

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 03:26:16 pm »
Yes, I have Anglian Water for my sewage service.

Following my phone conversation with them as per their instructions: I fitted a water meter to the supply to my RO unit in the garage and give them a reading every 6 months - 6 April and 5 Oct - so they can deduct an amount for water not returned to drain.

Technically the meter should be fitted to the product water pipe from the RO or have one fitted in your van to measure the amount of pure used - but I won't tell them if you won't. (I reason that waste water from the RO should need little in the way of treatment in their sewage works, that's what helps me sleep at night anyway).

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 04:57:20 pm »

Hey buddy long time no speak!
let me know how you get on with this as I'm with Anglian water but have not got round to sorting this.. oops.

Hi Dan.  Yes will let you know, I'm on rates of £13pm at the moment so a bit worried about the increase

Lee GLS

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 04:58:20 pm »
Yes, I have Anglian Water for my sewage service.

Following my phone conversation with them as per their instructions: I fitted a water meter to the supply to my RO unit in the garage and give them a reading every 6 months - 6 April and 5 Oct - so they can deduct an amount for water not returned to drain.

Technically the meter should be fitted to the product water pipe from the RO or have one fitted in your van to measure the amount of pure used - but I won't tell them if you won't. (I reason that waste water from the RO should need little in the way of treatment in their sewage works, that's what helps me sleep at night anyway).

Cool. That's what they told me to do when I called them, seems like it should be straight forward enough

How much is you water bill?

dd

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 06:03:07 pm »
Current water bill for all supply (house and RO unit) is £67. I get a rebate on sewage of about £140 a year to deduct from that figure.

The bill might go down a bit as elder son moved out who showered daily (as opposed to my weekly wash, whether I need it or not).