Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joshem

Rumpy pumpy
« on: October 08, 2016, 04:14:18 pm »
Hi all,

I currently have an HF4 4040 RO system which has been good for around two years but now the TDS out has crept up to about 38ppm. I don't use a booster pump but, after reading more about them here, I think it's the best idea. When I got the RO new it was 13ppm TDS out (and around 300ppm in).

As you can imagine I'm eating up the resin at the moment. So a couple of things I wanna know:

1. Which pump is best for my RO?

2. Booster pump and permeate pump. What do I need?

3. Is there any way of getting the out water low again? I've heard backflushing etc. but I dunno how you go about doing that.

4. Is having waste water at full now and again helpful?

Thanks in advance!

Smurf

Re: Rumpy pumpy
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »
Don't think a boster pump will help you as seems that membrane is on the way out to me.

Is that ppm reading taken after a few mins when the ro starts up?
Also have you set the waste to pure ratio properly to try and lower the ppm output?
When did you last change the prefilters and what prefilters are you using?

Soupy

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 04:48:36 pm »
False advertising. If I'd known this thread was about ro systems I'd never have opened it.

Reported to mods.

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 05:10:56 pm »
False advertising. If I'd known this thread was about ro systems I'd never have opened it.

Reported to mods.

Never mind as I'm sure you can crack one off still just by watching this vid  ;D  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVqaezrq7M

CleanClear

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 05:49:19 pm »
Hi all,

I currently have an HF4 4040 RO system which has been good for around two years but now the TDS out has crept up to about 38ppm. I don't use a booster pump but, after reading more about them here, I think it's the best idea. When I got the RO new it was 13ppm TDS out (and around 300ppm in).

As you can imagine I'm eating up the resin at the moment. So a couple of things I wanna know:

1. Which pump is best for my RO?

2. Booster pump and permeate pump. What do I need?

3. Is there any way of getting the out water low again? I've heard backflushing etc. but I dunno how you go about doing that.

Thanks in advance!

A few of the lads on here recommend the Gardiners one for about £400.  To quote one reviewer...... "It's amazing, I couldn't believe how well it worked. "  Can't beat that for a recomendation.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 05:51:27 pm »

If i'm understand you correctly then yes, that is what we call "flushing". Just let it all go to waste to flush your RO. Maybe 30 mins to an hour.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------