Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

Blue bog brush with turbo jets
« on: August 14, 2016, 09:13:55 pm »
Went to see a friend of mine who has recently set up window cleaning. He's purchased one of Scott Denning's turbo brushes.

I'm gobsmacked at how tatty this thing looks already and how poorly the jets are fitted. They protrude so far out of the stock you're bound to do damage to the upvc, which is why he states they're not for regular window work I assume.

There are literally no bristles in the mid section of the brush meaning you'd need to scrub on the edge all the time.

Safe to say I won't be purchasing.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

sunshine windows

Re: Blue bog brush with turbo jets
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:15:22 pm »
To be fair the jets are bloody good though
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:57:33 pm »
I'm feedup about hearing about that poxy brush  ;D

The negative reviews I've heard about his creation so far it's been said the brush is too heavy,  don't clean the gap between the underside of the gutter and fascias very well and the jets stick out way too far.

Needless to say I will not be buying one either.

sunshine windows

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 10:21:28 pm »
Have you seen one first hand Alan?

They're shocking!
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 11:11:31 pm »
No not yet but I was tempted at first to buy one but then started to hear negative comments from some users so thought best not bother after all.

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 08:37:37 am »
From the pictures Iv seen that brush looks like the non branded brush I used to use before discovering Gardiners,
I think he has just removed some of the inner bristles.
Great scrubbing brush with a nice feel on the glass but it weighed a ton and was forever leaving the very noticeable bristles stuck in the frames.
I think Sureclean still sell them.

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 02:42:02 pm »
i didnt realise he had bad reviews all ive seen is people commenting on facebook how good at scrubbing it is and halving the cleaning time!!
the fan jet sprayers look immense though, not sure why more pole manufacturers havent developed the fans more?

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 02:51:07 pm »
They are just lorry wheel cleaning brushes with bodged agricultural sprayers added that's all.
All can be bought off the tinternet if you can be arsed to make them yourself.

Lee GLS

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 03:40:06 pm »
I made my own one of these brushes and for roofs and FSG they are brilliant, the bristles coming out the side means you don't have to change the angle of the brush and for the finials they clean so much quicker.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 05:24:25 pm »
Hi Lee, may I ask where did you order the brush and jets from?

Lee GLS

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 07:34:19 pm »

Here is the brush

http://klipspringer.com/product/waterfed-side-bristle-brush---medium-stiff/p192/cf5

These are the fans I bought. They work very well but do need to be countersunk into the stock.

http://www.spraytips.co.uk/1654/Threaded-Flat-Fan

It does not work out a lot cheaper because of the postage on the brushes, but I needed 2 brushes so it worked out about £30 per brush.

trippyboy

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 10:51:04 pm »
I bought one of these turbo brushes for £49.99
Used it twice and sold it for £30.
Here is what I found..
Bristles far too short.. Rubbish for cleaning under the gutter, rubbish for deep cleaning of gutter brackets,rubbish for conny finials.
Bristles look frayed for no good for rinsing on , as would harbour dirt.
Jets are too far out, accident waiting to happen as regards scratching.
Jet hoses pop off all the time when on high pressure setting.
Heavy and cheap.
My Advice steer well clear

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 10:54:53 pm »
Told you so springs to mind  ;D

mufcglen

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 03:44:34 pm »
They are just lorry wheel cleaning brushes with bodged agricultural sprayers added that's all.
All can be bought off the tinternet if you can be arsed to make them yourself.

i thought he had the jets made himself or thats what he keeps saying on facebook and so far no ones found the jets, i quite fancied a set to try in my gardiner brush but he wont sell them separate from the brush!

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 04:50:01 pm »
No he did not make the jets himself. What he has done though is make them fit (badly) into a brush stock instead of just screwing them directly into an agricultural sprayer boom which what they are intended for hence the size of them.

richyp

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 09:30:29 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D >:(

mufcglen

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 11:24:02 pm »
 :Do you have a link to them pal as a lot of people are saying they're not his own made and no ones actually posted where they're for sale!!
Still wouldn't mind trying a set if I could sink them deep enough in a Gardiner brush as the spray pattern looks immense and he reckons its at very low flow setting too!

simonr

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 08:46:39 pm »
:Do you have a link to them pal as a lot of people are saying they're not his own made and no ones actually posted where they're for sale!!
Still wouldn't mind trying a set if I could sink them deep enough in a Gardiner brush as the spray pattern looks immense and he reckons its at very low flow setting too!
that b---s on low flow they are the same as  gardiner fans & not as powerful as xline fans its only the width of the spray that makes them seem powerful.  on full or a tap they are great & wide but so are all fans
i have the brush & like it especially the side bristles  but fb is fb n full of it lol
his page is called    upvc jet turbo brush & others

what he never mentions anymore is that he goes up ladders to clean behind gutters

P.C.S.

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 07:50:18 pm »

Here is the brush

http://klipspringer.com/product/waterfed-side-bristle-brush---medium-stiff/p192/cf5

These are the fans I bought. They work very well but do need to be countersunk into the stock.

http://www.spraytips.co.uk/1654/Threaded-Flat-Fan

It does not work out a lot cheaper because of the postage on the brushes, but I needed 2 brushes so it worked out about £30 per brush.

Hi Lee,
What do you screw onto the threaded tails of those fan jets to be able to connect to your pole hose?