Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: if you dont sort yourself out you will end up a window cleaner...
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 08:23:22 pm »
It is a job any moron can do though.
Let's be honest.

100 % true.

Soupy

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 06:30:29 am »
It is a job any moron can do though.
Let's be honest.

Almost true.

Trust me, I've employed people who were incapable. Its rare but they do exist.

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 07:40:27 am »
I had one too, he was a moron that was incapable of  acceptable customer interaction,  unable to quality assess his work,  had no idea what company image was all about.

If you can't make it as a window cleaner though let's face it you're pretty much a bottom dweller.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

8weekly

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 08:00:12 am »
I had one too, he was a moron that was incapable of  acceptable customer interaction,  unable to quality assess his work,  had no idea what company image was all about.

If you can't make it as a window cleaner though let's face it you're pretty much a bottom dweller.
You say that, but I've made an effort to make sure the people that work for me are good on the interpersonal side. One was a postman and both formerly personal trainers.likely going to be poaching another postie. I pay more and offer more sociable hours.

Tosh

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 08:29:29 am »
Yes, so they were able to be window cleaners but some people whatever you do in the way of encouragement, training, compromise etc just can't make it. Those that aren't able to be responsible for themselves. Some people think the world owes them a living. Can you believe that?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2016, 10:36:55 am »
My dad was a window cleaner. And his dad before him. I was given a hard time at school over it. When I started recently my mum was appalled as I have a degree. She's staggered though at the possibilities now and the financial freedom I already have.

ChumBucket

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2016, 05:54:35 pm »
My dad was a window cleaner. And his dad before him. I was given a hard time at school over it. When I started recently my mum was appalled as I have a degree. She's staggered though at the possibilities now and the financial freedom I already have.

Most of CIU are too!! ;D ;D

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 08:11:19 am »

;D

8weekly

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 08:41:28 am »

The green eyed monster.  I get it though. It must hurt seeing other window cleaners doing well and to know that you even failed at window cleaning.  :D

Mick Kent

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 01:14:30 pm »
Where is the guy who saw me in Welwyn garden city on Friday from here cleaning B&Q? such a small world lol.

Harrygary

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2016, 01:19:25 pm »
I was a London cabbie my mates said I was mad for giving up driving the cab now I look back and I'm laughing now , no stress , saved £9000 a year on diesel don't work 12 hours plus a day ,,,, loving it

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2016, 03:58:40 pm »

The green eyed monster.  I get it though. It must hurt seeing other window cleaners doing well and to know that you even failed at window cleaning.  :D

I don't see any green eyed monsters?

I also doubt anybody truly "loves" window cleaning.

ChumBucket

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2016, 04:12:20 pm »

I don't see any green eyed monsters?

I also doubt anybody truly "loves" window cleaning.

Reading between the lines, I think his Mum also struggles with him!! :-X :-X

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 10:38:29 pm »
 ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2016, 12:40:10 am »
well im guessing those teachers didnt consider that wfp would be invented and be able to double there salary with ease for less hours and zero training :-),
How very short sighted of those teachers.
That should have been part of every teacher's training.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Smurf

Re: if you dont sort yourself out you will end up a window cleaner... New
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2016, 11:26:59 am »
If people are thick with no ambitions in life then all there is left is to buy a bucket and ladder surely?
That's until a real job opportunity comes along like stick waggling maybe?   ;D ;D

brynley

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2016, 01:41:26 pm »
I saw Mick Kent in Welwyn Garden City on Friday cleaning B &Q and had a chat whilst he was waggling his stick on my patch lol

Smurf

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2016, 01:55:22 pm »
I took a call from a chap and a couple of days ago which turned out wanted a one-off clean for a 5 storey commercial building in the centre of town. Hmmm...I thought I know just the man that's if he has sticks long enough for that job so I said give my mate lance a call as he loves stick waggling at height.   ;D ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2016, 08:39:15 pm »
I saw Mick Kent in Welwyn Garden City on Friday cleaning B &Q and had a chat whilst he was waggling his stick on my patch lol

Lol hello mate, was waiting for you to pop on this post so would see your profile name.  8)