Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

IPAF
« on: August 09, 2016, 10:01:56 pm »
I have got my IPAF  ( 1b, 3a, 3b, ) and  PASMA cards. I priced a job to use a spider. The customer thought my price was high, I quoted £200 a day.  Any one who has IPAF what is your day rate.
I started out with nothing and Ive still got most of it left.

Majestic Window Cleaning
www.majesticwindowcleaning.co.uk

Tosh

Re: IPAF
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:08:59 pm »
£300+.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

slap bash

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 11:58:18 am »
Your customer is misimformed or taking a chance.

Ian101

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:45:44 pm »
I have got my IPAF  ( 1b, 3a, 3b, ) and  PASMA cards. I priced a job to use a spider. The customer thought my price was high, I quoted £200 a day.  Any one who has IPAF what is your day rate.

what did they get for their money ?

you or you and a machine ?

as Matt says £300 + however with a spider a lot lot more

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 09:04:37 pm »
Just me and my wealth of knowledge  8)
I started out with nothing and Ive still got most of it left.

Majestic Window Cleaning
www.majesticwindowcleaning.co.uk

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 05:58:37 am »
I just passed my 3a and 3b yesterday and doing my 1b next week - £200 a day is what I would want at least.

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 05:45:11 pm »
You can earn £200 a day easy just brushing glass.

You've now taken time out from earning for a day, so you've lost income; to better yourself with a qualification, skills, training, competency and technical knowledge.

You need to increase what you want per day if you've done that.

Any dipstick can clean glass - that can't be said for working with a M.E.W.P.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 06:01:58 pm »
You can earn £200 a day easy just brushing glass.

You've now taken time out from earning for a day, so you've lost income; to better yourself with a qualification, skills, training, competency and technical knowledge.

You need to increase what you want per day if you've done that.

Any dipstick can clean glass - that can't be said for working with a M.E.W.P.

You know what ............. your absolutely correct .... need to readjust my thinking on day rates - thanks and no im not being funny / sarcastic  :)

cheers

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 06:51:52 pm »
Your welcome.  :)

jwplasterers

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 08:34:39 am »
Phone up Nationwide Platforms and ask how  much for a operator charge only, when I used to work for them it was £90.00 per hour min 8 hours....if I get a cherry picker job I get the customer to pay for the machine upfront and operator charge after stops them running off and not paying 😛. Recents jobs I have done I would charge £45.00 per hour min 8 hours, I did one and it only lasted 1 hour but don't get them often. Anyone can do the course but people get caught out if no experience. Used to see the machine coming back to the yard in all shapes.