Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

blacksheep

cabins
« on: May 25, 2006, 06:18:07 pm »
hi all , i have had a request to clean porta cabins in cardiff, i only do office cleans but would like to get in to this work, can anyone give advice on pricing this kind of job up , 30-50 cabins a week, chemicals, man.hours it takes to clean one. There different sizes, has anyone done simular work. all advice would be appreached regards blacksheep

Tim Downer

Re: cabins
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 07:33:09 pm »
Hi Blacksheep. Sounds like a nice one if you can get it!
Regarding pricing, sorry cant help you there. However, what i would like to know, is whether these are portacabins being maintained on a site, or they are to be cleaned when returned to the hirer??
If they are empty shells to be cleaned before being hired out again, i would imagine that you would only have the basic shell to clean - washing the walls down etc along with any windows. Howevedr, i would also imagine that you would have to strip, clean and reseal the floors!!
I used to use a product from my cleaning supplier, that was applied by a flat mop, mopped onto the floor. Dont worry about the streaks in the floor, as within seconds it murged into a streak free shiny glossy finish!! - Job done.

But anyway, a little more info on what needs to be done to these units would be helpful, and i hope the above helped a little

All the best

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

blacksheep

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 07:45:27 pm »
hi tim,empty shells to go back out.What was the product called you used on the floor, i was more concerned about cleaning the walls and how long it would take

wtatum

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 09:07:23 pm »
Hi blacksheep,
I'm just setting up a new company in the west cardiff area, i'm not interested in the work but have done several similar jobs in the peterborough area, if you need any help with this don't hesitate to get in touch, i am on holiday tomorrow for a week but i'll do all i can.
regards wayne
"It is better to have lived 1 day as a tiger than 1000 years as a sheep!"

blacksheep

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 09:38:13 pm »
thaks wayne, enjoy your hols. anywhere nice ;D

wtatum

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 09:42:22 pm »
I'm off to sunny spain, only got a week and when i get back it's all systems go on the business front on my return, i've got all the advertising, stationary and everything in place, just chomping at the bit now and raring to go.

blacksheep

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 09:53:38 pm »
well done

Marcus12

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 10:00:48 pm »
Sorry to jump in on you blacksheep ;D
But I would like to ask wtatum i he could give me any leads on the Peterborough cabin work. As I am based there and would like to add it to my bow.
Thanks Marcus

wtatum

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 10:30:00 pm »
Hi marcus,

I can't say too much mate because i'd be doing a good friend an injustice (his company)
what i will say however there is quite a few hire companies round your area, probably be worth your while sending them some literature.

Sorry to be so vague but i do hope the little i have told helps.

all the best
wayne

blacksheep

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 10:34:42 pm »
hi Tim , just going back to the first post, is the product simlaur to spontex permatcote in the express supplies catalogue regards blacksheep

Marcus12

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 10:40:59 pm »
Thanks Wayne
I understand :(, I thought you had moved to Cardif and left a gap in the market. So I wont step on his toes. Hope all goes well with your new business and you have a good holls 8). If we ever get asked to clean  a cabin i will give you a shout about price etc.
Thanks Marcus

wtatum

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 10:46:11 pm »
Thanks Marcus.

Like i said mate there are alot of hire companies around you, it wouldn't hurt to drop them some info. You never know.

All the best
wayne

blacksheep

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 01:34:15 pm »
hi, anyone out there know how i would go about pricing this one up.a couple of pound per cabin or so much per hr, i imagine it would take 0.5 hrs to give a good clean to one, any thoughts please. regards blacksheep