Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Soupy

Re: Dunno how these people sleep at night
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:36 pm »
It's doubtful the police would be posting this kind of things on FB if it wasn't dodgy. Probably about £50 worth.

I had an old dear once, she was clearly not 100%. We charged her £7 for her windows, she made out a cheque for £7000. I managed to get the contact details for her daughter off her. It turned out she only lived down the road. I gave the cheque to her. I didn't want to just bin it and bugger off, the poor woman had got herself in a bit of a state when I'd tried to explain to her she'd given me too much.

It's sad that there are people out there who'd take advantage of the vulnerable.

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 09:50:50 pm »
It's doubtful the police would be posting this kind of things on FB if it wasn't dodgy. Probably about £50 worth.

I had an old dear once, she was clearly not 100%. We charged her £7 for her windows, she made out a cheque for £7000. I managed to get the contact details for her daughter off her. It turned out she only lived down the road. I gave the cheque to her. I didn't want to just bin it and bugger off, the poor woman had got herself in a bit of a state when I'd tried to explain to her she'd given me too much.

It's sad that there are people out there who'd take advantage of the vulnerable.

That was very honest of you...Nice one  ;)

David Beecroft

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 11:10:10 pm »

That's extremely decent of you.
(If you could send me her name and address I'll pop round tomorrow.)

Soupy

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 11:56:22 pm »
It was many years ago now (christ, I reckon it must've been around 2002). I very much doubt she's still knocking about to be honest. She was gone from the house by the next month, I assume she was carted off to a care home.

Soupy

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 11:58:30 pm »

That was very honest of you...Nice one  ;)

Really, it wasn't something that I felt I had any choice in (not for more than half a second anyway). I'd bet 99.99% would do the same or similar.

slap bash

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 03:40:39 pm »
I am 68 years old and no one is jumping up and down when I am not paid for a job.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 04:19:44 pm »
I am 68 years old and no one is jumping up and down when I am not paid for a job.

Tigger might. Or Zebedee? Or some kid on a Pogo Stick?
It's a game of three halves!