Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulswindows

Non payers
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:11:40 am »
I have a few non-payers on my round.  They are definite non-payers as opposed to slow payers as I have tried several times with each one to get what is owed to me. I have considered using Thomas Higgins. But then I figured that if anyone is going to be scared into paying up by a debt agency then just the threat of using one might be enough - at least initially. I thought of sending a text and/or letter which went something like this; "DEBT COLLECTION PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS TEXT. Please pay X amount immediately for window  cleaning carried out on (date) Failure to do so will result in your details being passed to a debt tracing/collection agency.  This may affect your future credit rating"
Does anyone know of any legal reason why I can't send a letter or text like this eg would it be harassment? Has anyone tried this and did it work?

dave f

Re: Non payers
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:37:51 am »
how much is owed if its just a few quid dump them you have lost them any way  its not worth getting stressed , its the principle I know .ive lost count on the amount of money owed buy non payers it used to  bug  me big time not any more .wots the c  I u motto dump replace with 2 ;D

paulswindows

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:52:48 am »
They are not large amounts so it wouldn't go any further than a text or letter. If that didn't work then I would forget about it as I completely agree that its not worth the hassle

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:37:00 am »
Defo not worth the hassle unless they are £50 customers , what's the average debt?

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 12:18:06 pm »
ive just had a non payer first one for ages £36 first clean (and last clean) I just hassled her with emails and in last one suggested she leave cash with her parents who live a few doors down from her as I was there next week ... this done the trick  :) I wont tell her she is dropped though as will wait till she asks when im doing hers and reply will be payment in advance at the first clean price as not been done for ages

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 03:31:24 pm »
Without a shadow of doubt send the letter. A letter is better than a text. Make it signed for too. It's your money, would you ask for a service then not pay for it?

SeanK

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 07:47:12 pm »
Agreed, you have to at least try getting the payment from these scumbags, hand them a well worded letter (no envelope) and if they don't pay tell them your dizzy mate will be delivering the next one and he has a habit of putting them through the wrong door.

capn sparkle

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 10:28:35 pm »
Agreed, you have to at least try getting the payment from these scumbags, hand them a well worded letter (no envelope) and if they don't pay tell them your dizzy mate will be delivering the next one and he has a habit of putting them through the wrong door.

^^^ I like this SeanK! Although I will admit to telling the neighbours of errant non payers at every opportunity.

paulben

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 04:21:04 am »
I had one years ago always pay next week or I will drop money off . Saw him talking to someone so I pulled up his face dropped as I interrupted his conservation and asked for my money .
Money in my hand next day .
Do not steal the government hates competition

Tony dunmall

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 07:55:36 am »
Trying to get all new customers to sign up to go cardless before cleaning, works well really reduced slow payers and eradicated the non payers