Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Any portable users with 4jet wand
« on: March 30, 2016, 09:28:13 pm »
How do u find them ?  too much flow ?  four 1.5 flow jets ?  can your magma keep up ?   jets  get blocked easy ?

Im thinking of a big easy to move wand for open areas ,    like  14" part titanium with a glide .
But then iv never tried a glide , il probably hate it  , but it might make pushing the thing around easier .

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Any portable users with 4jet wand
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 09:58:18 pm »
On t'other board they sell 4 jet wespak wands and they use 0.15, perhaps look at your wand that you have now and see what jets you have, I can't help with the heat with the V2 but the answer could be with the flow you already have.

john martin

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 10:09:23 pm »
On t'other board they sell 4 jet wespak wands and they use 0.15, perhaps look at your wand that you have now and see what jets you have, I can't help with the heat with the V2 but the answer could be with the flow you already have.

Thanks , i keep it simple at present with a 12" single jet 3flow  ,   its all i need in a way but bigger areas are not as easy as they might be perhaps with something else .

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 11:44:20 pm »
This is what I use with my airflex storm

http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/store/westpak-1-75-bore-4-jet-wand/

None of the problems you've mentioned.  Does a great job. In fact when I first started using it I seen a huge increase in "grit" at the bottom of the bucket of waste water compared to the standard S-bend. Jets are angled and closer to the carpet, the vac head is shorter and the wider bore gives a lot more airflow.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 11:55:13 pm »
This is what I use with my airflex storm

http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/store/westpak-1-75-bore-4-jet-wand/

None of the problems you've mentioned.  Does a great job. In fact when I first started using it I seen a huge increase in "grit" at the bottom of the bucket of waste water compared to the standard S-bend. Jets are angled and closer to the carpet, the vac head is shorter and the wider bore gives a lot more airflow.
good to hear thanks ,  im gonna get it from the states with a few other bits but similar enough design .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 07:29:34 am »
Joe Bristor (crazy Joe of wanders products) sells none drip check valves and jet extenders as well as glides.

Although a bit expensive the prochem version is very very good and nicely weighted I ve had both wands personally I'd go prochem with soft touch trigger.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 08:54:45 pm »
Yeah - lots regard Joe as crazy - rather define him as eccentric.  The best way of getting exactly what you want is to ring and speak to him. Very civilised guy in that format.  He has some good stuff which you can't get over here.  His shear kits for wands really make your wand much more flexible for the particular carpet and situation you might encounter.  He can also get you dedicated glides for more or less any wand - and after all, who in their right mind still operates a wand without a glide (madness)

john martin

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 09:40:04 pm »
Joe Bristor (crazy Joe of wanders products) sells none drip check valves and jet extenders as well as glides.

Although a bit expensive the prochem version is very very good and nicely weighted I ve had both wands personally I'd go prochem with soft touch trigger.
Had a look  , some nice stuff , the more interesting joe bild wands are 5 and 6 jet which wouldnt suit me .

I will probably go with caltool usa direct  , 

14" part titanium 1.75" tube 4jet greenhorn is $350

The 14" Devpro 4jet  is $550 , i think thats all titanium 2" , with sight window , option of swivel .

both have check valve , filter and glides

Dave_Lee

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 02:23:28 pm »
It's all about recovery of the water which you put down. The standard jets on wands for TMs are usually rated at a total of .06. So on a twin jet wand it would be 2 x .03, triple jets would be 3 x .02,  Quad jets 4 x .01.5 etc.
I have a portable too, an Alltec Evolution with twin vacs, it came with a twin jet wand and 2 x .015 jets, which is regarded to be optimum for vac power and water recovery. With good wand technique could probably be pushed to 2 x .02's but no more.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

elliott cleaning

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 08:55:34 pm »
Yep, Dave that's the ideal.   Having used truckmounts for the last 20 years and never had a portable - what is the comparison between a twin, triple vac (or whatever) portable's vacuum ability and a 4 series blower?