Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt_Benton

Building a WFP system
« on: May 16, 2006, 08:18:56 pm »
Hi there,

I'm thinking of building a WFP system, either a trolly or back pack, to reach up to four storeys, but i literally have no idea where to begin. It all seems so technical, compared to an applicator and squeegee, and, to be quite honest, i'm the least technical person i know! So, here's my first couple of questions:

Trolly or back pack?
How much will it cost?

Thanks for the help, Matt

DASERVICES

Re: Building a WFP system
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:08:32 pm »

Matt,

Neither, I started out with a trolley system and then built a van system. Van   
  system is twice as quick, time is money. I live in a low TDS area and it cost me
  £800 to build mine, from poles to tank.

Doug

matt

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 05:27:04 pm »
http://d.co.uk

you will need a fairly good pole to reach 4th storey though

though i belive Jeff B is making them very cheap on the DIY forum

Matt_Benton

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 06:30:15 pm »
Hi there.

Okay, so if i build a system myself it's gonna cost about £500-600. Any ideas how much it'll be if i get someone else to do it for me? Also, any ideas about manufacturers that sell four storey poles, i'm not sure how many metres that'd be?

Many thanks, Matt

PS. I know you've probably had to answer these exact same questions about a hundred times on this forum, but once i know, i'll never have to ask again!  ;D

Tim Morton

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 06:40:35 pm »
PS. I know you've probably had to answer these exact same questions about a hundred times on this forum, but once i know, i'll never have to ask again!  ;D

Dont worry bout asking questions, but the best advice I can give is to read read read, go through all the posts, yea all 100 or so pages, picking out the topics that you think are relevant to you and reading them, it's amazing just how much that teaches you.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland