Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matthewprice

worrying news
« on: March 31, 2016, 08:37:09 am »
Just been told one off the lads who works near to me hit an overhead power cable.he was air lifted to hospital .seem to remember it being 3 phase .believe he is from Motherwell.any one got news .hope he is ok

Mick Kent

Re: worrying news
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 08:37:56 am »
Yes hope poor lad is ok.

steve rix

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 10:52:11 am »
I used to wory about this with ladders  but someone told me aluminium doesn't conduct electricity,! Don't want to put this to the test though.

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 01:16:56 pm »
Hope the poor chap survives...When did it happen and how did he hit the cable?
Is the poor chap a wfp window cleaner in Motherwell as I've looked on the internet and can't find any news of the incident yet?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 02:30:19 pm »
I've googled "window cleaner airlifted" and all I get is ladder and balcony falls.
It's a game of three halves!

matthewprice

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 05:58:59 pm »
Think he is from Motherwell but working on isle of Bute.not very sure how it happened other than his water fed pole hit the cable..another window cleaner was working same area and saw ambulance etc talking to some one today wha lives near also heard about it .other trad cleaner text him to see if ok but no response yet.hope he is ok

Jonny 87

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 06:42:51 pm »
Not sure if it's a coincidence but a friend of mine called Daniel hit a power line his week..... It's got to be the same guy.

He is recovering well.

Spent one night in hospital but is out and recovering now.

I don't know all the details yet to be honest or ins and outs as we haven't been in touch for a while. But he is doing well.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

paulben

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 06:57:09 pm »
Yes hope he is well . Aluminium is a very good conductor of electricity used on some overhead cables
Do not steal the government hates competition

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 07:03:03 pm »
I used to wory about this with ladders  but someone told me aluminium doesn't conduct electricity,! Don't want to put this to the test though.

Aluminium is the fourth best metallic conductor of electricity.  It's good enough to be used to make the wiring on silicon chips.  Definitely don't try it.

Glad to hear the guy sounds to be OK.

Vin