Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Butler

Acid Rinse
« on: December 09, 2015, 11:30:54 am »
Gents. Is there any difference between different suppliers acid rinses? For example Final Phase or Fibre & Fabric??

John Kelly

Re: Acid Rinse
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 04:12:20 pm »
There certainly is. Some of them have additives such as softeners and conditioners which leave the fibres with a soft "hand". Some of them are just an acid designed for stone cleaning.

neil 47

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 04:27:09 pm »
John

Apart from decent wool carpets is there really any need for it ?

And I just use a colloid cleaner on the good ones .

IICRC

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 04:32:56 pm »
Thats the million dollar question. I do have customers who use it all the time and are convinced it leaves the carpets in better condition and dry faster. It also stops any dye run issues on upholstery which can happen when fabric is left in a damp alkaline state.

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 04:37:11 pm »
I used it once on a suite in about 1996 to correct a colour change on a suite caused by one of the pumps on a chem dry zelda machine not working and only pumping the Base solution .

Waste of time and effort and an over complication in my opinion.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 05:07:58 pm »
Colloid cleaners are good on wool but so is Multi Pro which one do you use? both the same ph10.5.

That's why it can't display the woolsafe logo.

Shaun

tim handley

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 05:34:16 pm »
cleaning a sofa about a year ago, i noticed  a distinct pinking effect before my very eyes. I  panicked, my heart almost stopped, then i remembered a traing course with Derek Bolton....   i misted over the area with my  spray bottle of rinse x, it was corrected
instanty, i considered the £85 course cost fully  paid for. Never had a problem since, but always have a misting bottle of acid rinse on hand. Carpet wise, not a major issue as im using f90 on  virtually every thing.......................   

tim handley

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 05:34:59 pm »
I now carry alltec  powdered acidic rinse......................

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 06:08:00 pm »
I used it once on a suite in about 1996 to correct a colour change on a suite caused by one of the pumps on a chem dry zelda machine not working and only pumping the Base solution .

Waste of time and effort and an over complication in my opinion.

I would agree. There is one on my van which has been there for the last 10 years (just in case for problem solving), I can't remember the last time I used it.

The only other one I use is Ashby's Supreme Finish for rugs occasionally to ensure against dye bleed but most of the time not nessesary.

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 07:21:09 pm »
Many acid rinses are just that an acid rinse some of these are, Rinse X, Final Faze, Alltec powder, etc..... Some contain a detergent or a polymer such as Fib and Fab and Chemspec liquid high heat, and others like the Ashbys one contain a deodorizer and a anti-microbacterial agent. So from a cleaning point of view most wont help at all. I think Liquid high heat sounds good as it is an acid rinse, has a cleaning detergent and it is a polymer encap as well so it should reduce re soiling, I haven't tried it yet myself but will soon. Has anyone else tried it?

heritagecleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »
I use it all the time Robin. As you say, it seems to have  lot going for it. Plus at 320:1 it lasts ages.