Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RO-Sheen

Do you feel guilty???
« on: May 12, 2006, 04:53:50 pm »
As some of you know I only started window cleaning at the end of feb. I went straight in with wfp but I noticed that a few of my customers want their windows done monthly as when they had a regular trad window cleaner before their windows were dirty/dusty again by the time 30 days was up!

When I turn up after 30 days the windows are still relatively spotless (there are a few marks but certainly not enough to warrant my £10 minimum fee!!)

I have to admit that I do feel guilty re-doing them especially seeing that I base my business on being professional, polite and trustworthy.

I was out canvassing the other day and a customer asked me to clean her windows every 2 weeks!!! I explained that I dont use 'sticky' soaps so the windows will stay clean longer and 4 weeks would easily suffice. Never the less she still wants them done - Oh well, If she wants me to take 2 lots of £13 a month that is up to her but I can sleep easily that I was honest with her!
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Tim Morton

Re: Do you feel guilty???
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 05:20:59 pm »
I would say that you are offering a service to your customers and it is they who are wanting you to clean them every month or every 2 weeks. Remember that the customer is always right, if they wanted to be cleaned twice a week and were willing to pay for that, then it is up to you as the professional to do as the customer requests.
Dont sell yourself short, it may seem that the windows are clean enough, but when the sun shines on them after a month they most likely will need a clean.

Dont feel guilty about this, it's just part of the job.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 06:23:37 pm »
I have to admit that I do feel guilty re-doing them especially seeing that I base my business on being professional, polite and trustworthy.

That's why you have a minimum fee.
Don't feel guilty, most people wash daily, not because they are dirty, buy because they want to stay clean. Same applies to windows.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 06:46:57 pm »
I finished on one today that is a 4 weekly clean, it looked bloody spotless but I didn't feel the least bit guilty as I re-cleaned it ;D
29 white UPVC windows and a large UPVC conservatory [13 windows] and all done in 40 minutes for £30.
Some of the domestic accounts I did today were 8 week accounts and they looked really clean too.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

carl stanton

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 06:55:04 pm »
are we not there to provide a service , and that is to keep windows clean, and not to wait till there unable to see through them, and people get used to a standard of service, i.e they see a speck of dirt and they dont like it, you still clean your dinner plate even if you cant see the 'dirt' i know thats bit more important! but you get my point!
and you are earning your money! and doing the said service agreed with the customer!
 ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 06:56:01 pm »
Couldn't agree more Carl ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

carl stanton

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 06:58:20 pm »
your welcome ian!  ;D   :-*
customer will say if they are not happy!
we all know that!!  ::)

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 06:59:30 pm »
You have to remember that you are their to provide a service you are to maintain their windows thats what they pay you for. does not bother me when arrive at the house and still look clean

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 07:01:15 pm »
No guilt at all.  

Terms and conditions apply like every other business.

As long as you're honest with your terms of service and do the required work; you should not have any guilt.

And if you have, you'll get over it I'm sure.

------------------------------

RO Sheen, I'd be interested in hearing how you've got on with starting window cleaning straight off with a WFP.

How are you faring with squeegie work?

Do you ever use ladders?

Why did you become a window cleaner and go straight in for WFP?

How's business?

Sorry, I'm nosey!

macc

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 08:51:08 pm »
hi, thats what we are paid for mate,  ;D, to keep em clean, we would get more complaints if we only turned up when they were c--p, no guilt here, means im giving a top notch service.  ;D

macc

gaza

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 10:06:57 pm »
TOSH: PLEASE KEEP TO SUBJECT,THIS IS NOT A LIFE STORY FORUM.

CONNSIDER IT LOCKED

;D  GAZA ;D
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO