Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cookie

I serviced my two Gardiners poles at the weekend, CLX-10 & CLX-22. I dismantled all the sections, removed the gooseneck, cleaned the insides & sprayed with the dry-film PTFE spray, (also supplied by Gardiners), where the sections join.

I managed to re-assemble the CLX-10 easily however when it came to fitting the gooseneck back into the CLX-22 I had a great deal of difficulty getting the gooseneck shaft completely into the top pole (see photo). As you can see I had also completely dismantled the top clamp and tried to prise it apart  slightly. In the end I just had to use brute force - which is not ideal.

I don't remember having these problems when the pole was new (6 months or so ago). Does anyone have any tips on how I can make this job easier next time?

M & C Window Cleaning

Had to use sand paper on my gooseneck. I've also had to use it on the quick-loq components as no two seem to fit the same.

tlwcs

Snap, I had to sand mine down too

Cookie

Thanks guys for the advice.

rah

I just fit until tight and have used without clamping in the past.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Paul erithwc

Try changing the goose neck with the clx 10 they might have got mixed up.

Paul

Cookie

Try changing the goose neck with the clx 10 they might have got mixed up.

Paul

Yes that's a possibility. However the goosenecks should be interchangeable between poles.

Richard Stevenson

Try a bit of wd40 on goose neck.

windowswashed

Probably glue protruding on the inside of the clamp

8weekly

The problem I had with a carbon gooseneck was that the quiklok socket was perhaps 3mm too small and the brushes wobbled about eventually wearing away. It only lasted 10 months.