Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

Tulsion resin
« on: September 26, 2015, 02:51:05 pm »
Following up from my post on strange TDS .
The resin is Tulsion from Gardners and the first bag lasted ages in Vessel A but the last bag from Alex is in Vessel B and after a fairly short time It seems to have depleted.

Has anyone else had a problem with Tulsion resin of late?

ChumBucket

Re: Tulsion resin
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 03:08:25 pm »
Yep, doesn't seem to matter where you buy it from, it's all gone down hill progressively in the last 18 months or so. The last fill of my 11ltr vessel with Daqua MB 115 has lasted 12 working days- it used to last 7 weeks!!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 05:54:38 pm »
Any other resins any better?  ???

ChumBucket

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 06:34:55 pm »
Any other resins any better?  ???

Not really, I've trialled most over the last Two years, some are on par with what Tulsion is now and some worse.

Ben wood

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 07:01:02 pm »
Have tried them all. At the moment I am using ionic resin as it's cheaper than all the others. And is out performing my last bag of tuition

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 10:25:40 pm »
I just bought a bag of UNGER resin.. I know  ::)roll

Let's hope it's better than the rest of there wfp gear!

Have you seen them silly stackable plastic hozelock resin vessels at £100 a pop?  :o
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Richard60

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 09:39:04 pm »
i think the problem is that because all their workers have come over here  ???.they have employed some of our council workers  ::)roll

the king

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 09:49:45 pm »
unger is very good resin i think its beta than tulsion 115 from daqua my last bag from daqua was naff >:(

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 11:18:37 pm »
unger is very good resin i think its beta than tulsion 115 from daqua my last bag from daqua was naff >:(

That's encouraging thanks.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

ChumBucket

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 08:08:23 am »

That's encouraging thanks.

On the other hand........ I found it rubbish, goes off like a rocket too once it starts!! ;D

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »
So no real winner then..

kempy

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 09:01:37 pm »
I'm using Tulson atm , going very well .
Got my RO set up better now with pure : wastage ratio so it's coming out of the RO at 004 to 007 .
Whereas before I was producing pure at a very fast flow and the ratio was all wrong . Was coming out of RO at 035 so my resin was working too hard .

Now set up correctly and resin working a lot better

ChumBucket

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 09:22:13 pm »
So no real winner then..

The worst I've ever used (12 years DI experience here) is Ionics resin- utter rubbish.
Tulsion used to be very good but it's currently only on par with "most" others now- in my experience. I don't point blame at any suppliers here either, my theory is that the manufacturers are reducing quality (costs) and chancing their arm with us window cleaners. Dowex MB50 used to be head and shoulders above the other brands but they pulled their resin from the market for window cleaners.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 06:51:16 am »
The manufacturer are taking the urine..All the resin I have tried is poor qaulity even from gaps water what June said was good is rubbish.
Spit and polish

ChumBucket

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 08:02:10 am »
The manufacturer are taking the urine..All the resin I have tried is poor qaulity even from gaps water what June said was good is rubbish.

Yep, they all claim their own to be different from the others. Couldn't agree more with your statement!! ;)

slap bash

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 01:52:28 pm »
There is not much that can go wrong with resin. What`s important is the TDS of your water out of your R O nine time out of ten its here were your problem comes from. THis factor is the variable guilty one. To compare you will need the same tds after as you did a year back. I keep a small note book after changing resin, filters or membranes etc.

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 08:05:54 am »
It varies. I brought this up probably two years ago after using a duff bag of Tulsion - the suppliers blamed everything except the resin (and who can blame them). Some bags are fine it's just a question of getting the right batch. Problem is the good batches seem to be getting rarer now. My mate started out with everything brand new - new ro new vessels the lot his resin was dreadful.