Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Heb Alpha

New van set-up
« on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:02 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm getting a new van (Ford Transit Custom L2 Low Roof 3100kg with 2 side doors) delivered at the end of the month and I'm wondering about how to get it kitted out for window cleaning. We already have 2 transits kitted out by ourselves, although the 2007 plate will be getting sold once the new one is good to go.

I could do it myself just buying in all the kit (or robbing some of it from the old van) but just wondering what other options might be out there.

Anyone know of any companies in Scotland that can supply and fit a system? 650 litre tank, for 2 operators, 2 pumps with controllers, possibly with powered hoses (we don't currently fix these to the floor as we take them in and out for most jobs, but I'd be keen to learn how others stop them rattling about in the back)?

I'd be looking to getting the floor protectakoted and bolting the tank to the floor etc.Or any in the north of England? Or do you think I should just do it myself (with a bit of help from a mechanic for the split relay etc)?

Or anyone out there got plans/instructions on how their kit is fitted that could be followed?

Thanks

Rob 

Oliver @ GrippaTank

Re: New van set-up
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 04:20:02 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm getting a new van (Ford Transit Custom L2 Low Roof 3100kg with 2 side doors) delivered at the end of the month and I'm wondering about how to get it kitted out for window cleaning. We already have 2 transits kitted out by ourselves, although the 2007 plate will be getting sold once the new one is good to go.

I could do it myself just buying in all the kit (or robbing some of it from the old van) but just wondering what other options might be out there.

Anyone know of any companies in Scotland that can supply and fit a system? 650 litre tank, for 2 operators, 2 pumps with controllers, possibly with powered hoses (we don't currently fix these to the floor as we take them in and out for most jobs, but I'd be keen to learn how others stop them rattling about in the back)?

I'd be looking to getting the floor protectakoted and bolting the tank to the floor etc.Or any in the north of England? Or do you think I should just do it myself (with a bit of help from a mechanic for the split relay etc)?

Or anyone out there got plans/instructions on how their kit is fitted that could be followed?

Thanks

Rob
Good Afternoon Rob.

We have a dealer in Glenrothes ( Daqua ) who would be able to supply you a fully fitted crash tested GrippaMAX system.

If you would us to organise a quote for you, please email enquiries@grippatank.co.uk.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

Heb Alpha

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:14:43 pm »
Thanks grippatank, I'll get in touch in the next couple of days

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 05:21:08 pm »
Thanks grippatank, I'll get in touch in the next couple of days
We look forward to it!
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 06:46:37 pm »
If you've done a system yourself before, I'd do it again as it's about 1/5th the price, as for reels bolt to the floor or large piece of ply on floor or build a shelf and mount on that

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 07:40:40 pm »
Darran have used a local engineering firm to build a frame to secure  your tanks

It's something I am looking into once I change my truck next year as the load bed will be bigger .