Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: Just been threatened by a customer.
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2015, 12:17:17 pm »
"I'm an athiest. And to go further i think any one who believes in any God is round the twist.  Not that i go round promoting that fact, i just offered it as a counterstatement to your assumption i'm a Christian."

I'm an Atheist too - thank God!

samson

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2015, 12:35:41 pm »
"I'm an athiest. And to go further i think any one who believes in any God is round the twist.  Not that i go round promoting that fact, i just offered it as a counterstatement to your assumption i'm a Christian."

I'm an Atheist too - thank God!
Just scrolled down to this, and wondered if you could enlighten me as to what the connection is between being an athiest and being threatened by a customer ?

Smurf

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2015, 04:07:22 pm »
One thing I don't discuss is religion and politics to customers and certainly not on forums either.
Why do choir boys all have partings in the middle….Bless you my son says the priest  ;D.

Johnny B

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2015, 06:45:22 pm »
I was threatened by a customer years ago.

He was a middle aged single guy who Iived with his elderly mum. I had done a first clean on their house a month before, and he was nice as pie (chatted and gave me a drink.)

The following month I'm just about to start on his house when he says 'hang on a minute, there's a problem'. After asking what's up, he tells me that he doesn't want me to clean the windows, in fact goes so far as to say to goes that I didn't clean his windows last month and doesn't know why I am on his property now.

I tried to explain that he had asked me, and I had cleaned them last month, and that he was happy then and had asked me to call every month. He wasn't having any of it though, and even his mum backed him up that I had never cleaned their windows, ever! He then told me to 'go away' and never come back around there again, or else!

I politely, but firmly told him that I certainly would not darken HIS door again, left and started on his next door's neighbour's house!.

The lovely old lady next door had heard the conversation, told me he was mentally unstable, and begged me not to take any notice of him. I reassured her that I was going nowhere, (of the 24 houses in the close, I had nearly all of them) and he would have to do much better than that to scare me off!

Thereafter he used to scowl at me whenever he saw me, but never said a word!

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

paulben

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2015, 06:22:53 am »
Had one a few years back had my son working with when woman comes to door and starts shouting at her husband who was behind us , next thing she is throwing stuff at him over our heads and tells us to f**k  off . So we did soap still on windows good job we had been paid cos never went back again ( she had a bit of a temper when she lived up road from me )
Customer is always right when they tell you to f*** off time to run
Do not steal the government hates competition

Sean Dyer

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »
Must be something in the air , i had one square up to me last week.

I parked on the Main Rd where i do some shops and the owner of a fast food establishment comes out telling me i shouldnt park there as now no one else can park there , he is basically mad his customers cant park there but its the main road and if im there first ill park there so i can do my shops for an hour..

He kept going on about it and i just said i will park whereever there is a space.

He went off to his friends talking loudly in another language and from the tone of voice i could hear he was insulting me so i said are you talking about me??? and he shouted yeh you f ing d head,,,, so i lost my cool now and thankfully id just soaped up the huge main window , so i told him he cleans his own windows from now on, he flew at me to square upto me and i told him again, clean your own windows and do one and he did nothing.

What an idiot..... all day i wanted to go back and slap him but it isnt worth it is it, Wish he had hit me first so i couldve hit him back . i wouldnt mind he is about 5'4 and 8 stone !

groundhog

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2015, 08:54:52 am »
You told him to fock off (twice) did not help matters for sure.  ;D
That's what I thought, maybe you should do a course on customer relations. The situation would have been handled far better by simply saying "ok, no problem" and going to speak to his wife, as he had asked.  Simple!!  :D

samson

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2015, 09:21:56 am »
We had an old bird last month who we were doing a conservatory valet for, and she was insisting that we had quoted to do extra work, ans she was complaing about using her water supply.     Me and our lass fell out, cos I was ready to walk off the job I was so mad, and the wife went home, so I was left alone to complete the job, while the old dragon was following me round pointing out every minute bit I  had missed.               I had steam coming out of my ears by the end, but I finnished, and she paid me.    I told her never to contact me ever again.  ::)roll

Rich Wilts

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2015, 09:27:43 am »
That's what I thought, maybe you should do a course on customer relations. The situation would have been handled far better by simply saying "ok, no problem" and going to speak to his wife, as he had asked.  Simple!!  :D

As has been said, hindsight is a wonderful. We're all experts on here with a bit of hindsight.  Now if you'd got yourself a different 4040 you wouldn't have run out of water and had to buy a second one would you  Simple!! :D

groundhog

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2015, 11:07:00 am »
Totally different situation!! I can simply buy a different RO, there is not a lot that you can do to change your bad attitude!  ;)

As has been said, hindsight is a wonderful. We're all experts on here with a bit of hindsight.  Now if you'd got yourself a different 4040 you wouldn't have run out of water and had to buy a second one would you  Simple!! :D

Rich Wilts

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2015, 12:00:48 pm »
Totally different situation!! I can simply buy a different RO, there is not a lot that you can do to change your bad attitude!  ;)

;D ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2015, 12:21:19 pm »
Groundhog - please learn how to post properly.   ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Rich Wilts

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2015, 01:12:31 pm »
 ;D

groundhog