Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sc

Cleaning egg(4 month old) off frames
« on: February 26, 2004, 10:41:46 pm »
I had a new customer today that had about 5 eggs all over his house. They looked like they had been there since November. So I got to work with the scraper and eventually got it all off.

I normally do the frames, but thought sod that and left a slip saying it would cost 3 times the amount of the windows just to scrub the frames. It seemed a good price, but now I'm thinkin it will easily take more than 3 times longer to scrub his frames than to clean his now clean windows.

I need a quick way to shift the egg. Whats best? I normally use GG4. Should I buy some cream cleaner, scourers, brillo pads, steel wool, ammonia.

Thanks SteveC

mogs

Re: Cleaning egg(4 month old) off frames
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 12:55:11 am »
good time of year for cleaning tht egg of!! use a good detergent with ammonia in it, soak all the frames first to soften the egg. thts y i say its good time now to clean the egg of as the water wont dry in just as quick. get a good hardish hand brush, soak tht and start scrubbing. should cut ur time down. goodluck!!
hate the smell of washing old egg of  :-X

poleman

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 07:43:02 pm »
dont use hot water use cold

andy

dorset

stevekennedy

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 08:38:39 pm »
Hi poleman,

Is cold better than hot?

poleman

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 02:00:34 am »
yes as hot will only bake the egg harder, iam a window cleaner by trade but have a chap that works for me from the contract cleaning side of things. hope that helps!

andy

dorset

fed member

stevekennedy

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 12:16:58 am »
Thanks Andy, will try cold next time.  ;)