Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tim Downer

Leaving to start on own.....again
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:22:36 pm »
Hi all

Well, have been out from being self employed for far too long.....3 years now. I have been getting itchy feet now......(where did that expression come from????).

I have been looking after a cleaning company for nearly 2 years, and have been a Cleaning Manager for nearly the whole time. But now am getting a bit fed up of not directing the company in the way i think it should go.....by those above me!!!!!

So on Monday morning, i will be handing in my letter of resignation from PDS and at the begining of June will be out there on my own.....again.

I have purchased some work off of someone else.......its a full time job in a very large office......the European head quarters for Parker Hannifin in Hemel Hempstead. I will be doing mainly the porterage services there......along with some facilities management type stuff. There is room for increasing the business here.....and after a couple of months will place a body in there for 2 or 3 days a week, to enable myself to get on with getting more work in.

I will take with me one of my existing cleaning clients, and then will grow from there.....hopfully.

Its definately been different working for a company, as opposed to working for yourself, as its not been my money that i have been spending. So i will have to be carefull for the first few months.

When i have decided on a company name and logo etc, i will replace my current logo with it. Have been looking at calling it:

1ST CHOICE CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE

OR.....

1ST CHOICE CONTRACT SERVICES

Thought i would include, incase any of you guys had that name or knew of one locally called that????

So i am off now to compile my letter of resignation......and see what fun and games tomorrow brings.

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

Re: Leaving to start on own.....again
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 08:31:31 pm »
Good luck in your new venture Tim, i personally like the sound of "1st choice cleaning and maintenence"
Regards Rob.

Art

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 08:43:58 pm »
Tim,

I've often wondered what you were doing working for someone else, as you seem to know your stuff.
Going on your own, the stress, excessive drinking, chest pains and grey hair etc..
it'll all be for your own benefit  ;D ;D

On a serious note. Good luck and i hope it goes well.

Arthur

Boston Spa Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 09:08:46 pm »
i think RCS is rite with 1st choice cleaning and maintenance
and good luck
all the best
ian

shelton

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 09:26:01 pm »
Yup, count this as a 3rd vote for 1ST CHOICE CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE.

And good luck in your new venture!

BSF

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 10:31:18 pm »
Hi all

Well, have been out from being self employed for far too long.....3 years now. I have been getting itchy feet now......(where did that expression come from????).

I have been looking after a cleaning company for nearly 2 years, and have been a Cleaning Manager for nearly the whole time. But now am getting a bit fed up of not directing the company in the way i think it should go.....by those above me!!!!!

So on Monday morning, i will be handing in my letter of resignation from PDS and at the begining of June will be out there on my own.....again.

I have purchased some work off of someone else.......its a full time job in a very large office......the European head quarters for Parker Hannifin in Hemel Hempstead. I will be doing mainly the porterage services there......along with some facilities management type stuff. There is room for increasing the business here.....and after a couple of months will place a body in there for 2 or 3 days a week, to enable myself to get on with getting more work in.

I will take with me one of my existing cleaning clients, and then will grow from there.....hopfully.

Its definately been different working for a company, as opposed to working for yourself, as its not been my money that i have been spending. So i will have to be carefull for the first few months.

When i have decided on a company name and logo etc, i will replace my current logo with it. Have been looking at calling it:

1ST CHOICE CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE

OR.....

1ST CHOICE CONTRACT SERVICES

Thought i would include, incase any of you guys had that name or knew of one locally called that????

So i am off now to compile my letter of resignation......and see what fun and games tomorrow brings.

Regards

Tim

Yea good luck Tim,  but I’d have advised on you giving your employers your notice before telling us lot, it makes more sense.

You’d also better hurry up with deciding your new name, it does help for invoice purposes (especially for the job your starting), also it does help if you have a bank account up and running in your company’s name.

Regards

BSF 
Regards

BSF

blacksheep

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 07:55:06 am »
best of luck Tim

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 08:15:24 am »
Tim,
1ST CHOICE CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE should be a better name. 
Good luck,
Kind regards,
Arthur

Tim Downer

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 09:07:04 am »
Thank you for all your support and comments.......

.....Directors are now in......so i suppose its time to see them  :-[
Tim Downer
Manager

Eureka Ventures

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 02:32:27 pm »
Tim

Good luck, man!

Freddie
A consistently good service

Jan K

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 08:49:45 pm »
good luck Tim, and all the best with your new venture :)
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Boston Spa Cleaning Services

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 09:33:23 pm »
how did it go

Prestige1

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 11:30:54 pm »
good luck tim, I am sure you can make a go of it :)
Who Dares Wins

Phoenix

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 10:14:51 am »
Hi Tim,

Hope everything went OK yesterday, good luck with your new venture.

Once you've been your own Boss once, there's no going back to the old ways of working for somebody else and lining their pockets.  Tim where will you be based.

Best Regards

Graham

keen2clean

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 01:32:49 pm »
good luck tim and also thanks for all the good freindly advice youve been willing to share with me, and that goes out to most people on here actually
hope everything goes well mate
all the best ray

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 04:29:00 pm »
I hate it when you have to wait for next installment ??? ??? ???

margaret henderson

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 08:26:51 pm »
GOOD LUCK WITH NEW VENTURE,  ;D  keep us updated ::)

Clean 'n' Tidy

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 10:11:44 pm »
Tim,

Good luck hope all goes weel.

Name wise I agree with everyone else.

Kim

Tim Downer

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 08:04:06 am »
Thank you very much everybody for your kind support and words. It was hard going to the Directors to hand in my notice........was hard telling good friends of mine at our Office.......However, not nearly as hard as telling my cleaners that i was going. Interviewed them all, trained them all, went out for drinks with them sometimes, listened to their problems etc etc.....made good friends of them all (even the difficult ones!!). So was very hard to tell them more than all else.....especially when 1 of them cried......(me trying not to join her)

But there you go......its done now. The Directors still wish to talk to me.......but unless they more than double my money......am not interested.

So, 1st Choice Cleaning and Maintenance it is then.......like i said the other day, when i have a logo etc done, will replace the PDS logo with it.

Although the core business will be maintenance at this large Office, i will still have my hand in the cleaning.......especially as i am taking one of the existing clients with me....so will still try to come on the forum every day or two, beacuse i still in the next year or so want to go that way......but in commercial office cleaning, not the builders cleans etc that we are doing at the moment.

So you will not be getting rid of me that easily.

Catch up with you lot later.....

Kind Regards

Tim

Tim Downer
Manager

*Chris Browne

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 10:56:09 am »
Good luck Tim!!
Whatever name you finally decide on, I'm sure will be the correct one, i was in exactly the same position 3 years ago and Ive never looked back, for the first time in my life i actually look forward to a monday morning! in fact every morning! just remember if they do offer you extra money, will it make you any more happy working for them? that's more important..life's to short..your a long time dead... ;)

chris

www.scsf.co.uk