Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David 'Duck' Clare

External conservatory cleaning price?
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:53:44 pm »
Hi I was wondering what people would charge for the following (Shinner especially).

A regular customer has asked me to clean their conservatory roof and sides (they have a conservatory that is plastic 1/3 up and glass 2/3 up from there).

It is a small to medium sized conservatory that has 9 roof panels and 7 plastic thirds which measure 60 cm x 65 cm.

Based in Crawley west sussex.

I already clean the glass as part of the house cleaning price and this will occur this month after the conservatory 'major' clean.

Also does anyone know of the best way to clean those pinicle bits at the top of the roof the traditional way - as the customer is anti WFP (well i have an ionics tap pole thingy) to say the least.

Cheers

DC

carl stanton

Re: External conservatory cleaning price?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 08:05:43 pm »
i think if you have a wfp use it for the pinicle, and then i spose trad for the rest, as that is the tool for the job, and scrub and pole the roof glass.
or maybe wfp whole roof then just trad it to finish it just for the customers sake!    ::)
   saying all this im not wfp yet!
oh yes and you can get a proper con roof ladder, there is another post back some pages
   20 hire i think 400 to buy ish!!  :o

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 02:45:00 pm »
Why is the customer against wfp???? because if 1 dosent like it done that way you can bet 1000s will.

When i first started way back when if a "pottential" customer said they were not keen on wfp then i was on my way back to the van.

ok so you need a customer base but you also need to make a living.

Conservatory clean by hand........2 hours may be more for what £50

or wfp a better job done for the same price and done within the hour?????????

I know which one has worked for me and ive cleaned hundreds of them.

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 03:43:45 pm »
Why is the customer against wfp???? because if 1 dosent like it done that way you can bet 1000s will.

When i first started way back when if a "pottential" customer said they were not keen on wfp then i was on my way back to the van.

ok so you need a customer base but you also need to make a living.

Conservatory clean by hand........2 hours may be more for what £50

or wfp a better job done for the same price and done within the hour?????????

I know which one has worked for me and ive cleaned hundreds of them.

Hi easyclean - the customer is simply anti WFP - i will not turn a job down point blank because of this. Firstly im thinking of charging £50/£55 for the job which i think will take 1.5 hours to 2 hours in total = £25 p/hr not bad.

second this is a regualr customer better they stay with me than go elsewhere and i charge them £13 for their house so i want to keep them

thirdly - if the ban on water happens none of us could do WFP so its best to start looking at old 'trad' methods anyhow!

So once again people would you all say £50 ish is the right price for this job?

DC

steve k

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 04:31:47 pm »
Easyclean...WFP cannot do a complete initial job on conservatories...you can wash the glass/polycarbonate panels and if you are lucky, the grime may come off with pure water but to do a complete initial clean, the best option is a conservatory access ladder, TFR, PVC cleaning cream, a few sponges, a short pole attached to garden hose with a final rinse with WFP...this way, you can market and price for a full restoration clean as an initial clean. You then offer a quarterly maintenance wash which is what you are suggesting, I think.