Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Bronze wool?
« on: May 06, 2015, 05:21:20 pm »
Anyone else using it?
I cleaned two panes with some a few weeks back to remove brick/render salt. Customer seems very happy but it scared the life out of me, I swear the glass was covered in minute scratches. Can it scratch?

rosskesava

Re: Brass wool?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 11:39:57 pm »
In theory, no. In practise, it can do.

I could be wrong on this but most metals will oxidise to one degree or another and it's that oxide mixed with other impurities that can scratch because they are harder than the glass. Or something like that.

I've always used an acid to remove brick salts. i.e. patio cleaner. Wear rubber gloves, pour a small amount on a sponge, wipe over glass quickly and immediately rinse with plenty of water and chuck the sponge and gloves in a bucket of water.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Dave Willis

Re: Brass wool?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 07:11:34 am »
I tried everything I had in the van , Viakal, Killrock, Winsol, Unger Rubout then finally bronze wool. I've never found anything yet that works on bricksalt - maybe a can of patio cleaner will need to be stocked.

martinw

Re: Bronze wool?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 07:30:24 am »
you may  try either sorbo or mdr with non scratch pads. had decent results with those.