Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Chair wheels marking floor
« on: April 03, 2015, 07:43:50 am »
Anyone give any advice How you would remove this black marking from  the chair wheels?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

David Deer

Re: Chair wheels marking floor
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:33:03 am »
Looks like pile compression/erosion. You may lift the dirt but the mark will be there forever. I have done hundreds of these and nothing shifts it. Best results from ultrapac renovate, followed by powerburst + citraclean. Don't overwet and agitate well (even though there is very little pile to lift!). Warn the client not to expect miracles on a carpet which is basically worn out. Advise on use of carpet protectors.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 10:13:07 am »
Funny looking carpet with welded joints, hi Mike it looks like some type of safety flooring, for soft flooring like this i would pre spray with any micelles based product two minutes dwell time then scrub gently with some damp magic eraser pads , should sort it for you.       Tadgh

Peter Lynch

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 09:13:05 am »
Looks like carpet tile to me, and compression for sure, to be sure ;~) Follow David's advice, low moisture , be careful not to melt the adhesive backing.

Peter

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 06:24:05 pm »
Well it was easier than I thought ::)roll

I was there this teatime doing some work  so did a test with a mild cream cleaner it just  cleaned straight off

It is a safety type hard floor not carpet

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk