Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

sill brushes any good?
« on: March 18, 2015, 04:37:29 pm »
I have expanded a bit recently and have two newish employees. I have had a few complaints over recent weeks, most about the sills not being clean enough {first cleans}.
The guys are now pretty good on the glass but despite a number of explanations and demonstrations, they still don't quite get it when it comes to the upstairs sills.
Do you think changing brushes from Gardiners Hybrids to sill brushes will help in this regard?
Any feedback greatly appreciated.
Oh, and does everyone feel that Spring has sprung? Lovely here in Manc..

Michael Peterson

Re: sill brushes any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 04:44:34 pm »
not really, I don't really like them, what I would do instead is really show them how to clean on a first clean.

what I would do, is before using your preferred method of first clean, scrub the sill like five to ten times across the length , turn the water off, do it again, and then scrub backwards and forwards across the length of the sill clean the windows, (the green bits they have left will be soaking in now) and then go over the sill a couple more times at the end ---- show them this method and they will be fine, I know you wouldn't need showing but with the over exaggerated demonstation you will install good habbits, imo there are so much nicer brushes to work with than sill brushes

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 05:26:22 pm »
I like mine. I just had to get used to it and get the angle of the brush head right.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Michael Peterson

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 06:00:58 pm »
that is true you have to angle the brush further down than normal, at first I did really like them but they become haggard really quickly on the edges and just don't feel right too me, with the poles we got the other week I thought I would try the extreme brushes, I know some don't like them be we absolutely love them !

Don Kee

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 07:25:44 pm »
Took a bit to get used to them (only because i'd used a 'normal' brush first) but now i wouldn't be without a sill brush
Also means less chance of rubbing the stock on the sill, so less chance of sctratching and leaving black marks on them...

gary999

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 10:59:49 pm »
same as above :)

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 11:03:55 pm »
took a fair bit of work off a guy last year because he demolished their sills, big deep scratches on most windows, not good
when life throws you water, clean windows

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 12:18:21 pm »
yes they are very good. we use the gardiners for everything. have done for 3 yrs.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 02:24:55 pm »
Thanks guys. Next time I get something from Gardiners, I will add a couple of sill brushes on the order. Give them a whirl.

slap bash

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 01:14:58 pm »
I have a few brushes and do change on some jobs, but find the cill brush the most versatile brush of all.AS it will do most jobs. Good brush. I have one for each pole.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 11:19:00 am »
They are slightly  heavier though.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)