Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

BSL

Spares & chemicals
« on: January 28, 2015, 10:53:45 pm »
Since my local stockist & repair shop closed down due to retirement I've been buying my chemicals & spares from many different places, usually ebay/Amazon/google searches based purely on price however I'm getting a bit fed up with people phoning me back & saying we don't have this or that or we've only 1litre bottles of this or we don't keep spares any more..... Anyway what I'm looking for is a one stop shop that is competitively priced, for chemicals.....general cleaning powders, stain removers, deodorisers, neutralisers etc.... and spares..... Motors, pumps, hoses, connectors etc...
Really just looking for a small-mid sized business that you can actually talk to when you want something & can build a relationship with....just like it used to be!?!
Any suggestions? Ps I'm in Aberdeenshire so will need stuff delivered!

Mark_Jubb

If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

CleanerCarpets

Re: Spares & chemicals
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:02:13 am »
BSL - what machine do you have and what sort of spares do you need?

As said above, John at Restormate is as near to a one stop shop for chem's as you will find and is a nice bloke

WCS are good for spares and carry some things others don't - http://www.worldwidecleaningsupport.com

And to be honest if you want someone who will chat with you and help with your machine repairs and does do some good chems Nick at Solutions is good - he has helped me with machine problems in the past where even the manufacturers failed (had a problem with a Pumptec pump and drove all the way to their UK distributor who just stuck a new head on it which didnt stop it leaking and it was a call to Nick that sorted it in the end with a £15 part and me fitting in 10 mins!) - http://www.worldofclean.co.uk/

BSL

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 09:58:31 pm »
Cheers Guys, will look them up.
Both my machines are steempro's a powerplus & an older powermax, the newer machine gets very well used & the older one as a backup or if we're really busy, they both take a fair but of abuse from the boys that work for me.
I usually end up robbing bits from the older machine if the main one breaks down but had a drama the other day when I was using one & the guys the other....numb nuts had left it in his van the night before, frost had got into it, the head exploded off the pump when the seals went! Anyway ended up having to strip pretty much every water connection inside & re seal it, using up my spare pump, stash of hose & spare brass connectors (frost had split 2of them) so I thought I'd better restock, need some chems as well, my local place has closed so where better to ask for advice than here!!
Cheers

jim mca

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 06:50:51 pm »
Restormate, Cleaning systems UK, Alltec are all excellent companies I have tried dealing with one supplier but find it better to have a mix also cleaners warehouse do some good chemicals and spotters.