Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom-01

Pricing this job
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:46:38 pm »
Hello CIU friends

I've been used to quote this job.

A company are doing some repairs and they have asked us to clean off the dust to all the windows and the white facades.

1) How would you clean the facades? Would a light pressure wash be the best way?
2) How would you work out the price, cost per square meter?
3) There will be scaffolding up but I think this could get in the way of a lot of it so I think we would need a mobile access platform?

Tom-01

Re: Pricing this job
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 04:47:07 pm »
And the other side

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:32:19 pm »
Looks a bit of a pain to me, i would want to do it on day rate if possible.

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 02:37:50 pm »
I would definitely be using the scaffolding that is already up 100%.

Is the floor level enough for a tower scaffolding and it's quite high so can you get it close enough to the building to tie it  to....or it will be rocking about up there.

Using the scaffolding that is already up, go spray the cladding at the top with virosol and clean as much of it as you can by hand or wfp, even clean all the window on the way down then just tidy them up again were required.

Price wise I would do all that for £500, it may be worth more but using the scaffolding I reckon I would do that in a day an a half max.

Tom-01

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 10:14:19 pm »

Is the floor level enough for a tower scaffolding and it's quite high so can you get it close enough to the building to tie it  to....or it will be rocking about up there.

Using the scaffolding that is already up, go spray the cladding at the top with virosol and clean as much of it as you can by hand or wfp, even clean all the window on the way down then just tidy them up again were required.

Price wise I would do all that for £500, it may be worth more but using the scaffolding I reckon I would do that in a day an a half max.

The ground does slope yes, quite a bit.

We need to clean all the white facades as well. My worry is there may be a lot of scaffolding poles in the way to get the job done properly... I'm hoping it will be ok. I'd want a lot more than £500 for that thats for sure.

How would you clean the facades?

Thanks Matty

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:32:05 pm »

A monkey to clean that ? Have you registered yourself as a charity ? Would charge that to write the RAMS for the job

Matt.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 09:39:32 am »
I would do the outside of that building in a day and a half max, using wfp that's over £300 a day. I would be happy with that.

Down south you boys are on major money

There will be scaffolding in some parts but just work round it. Buy a hand held brush and use to wfp, also have a bucket of pure with new clean cloth in it to wipe windows and frames down as you go

Price wise it's up to you but time wise there's is no more than 2 days work there

If you can get to the facades off scaffolding it will be a doddle

Virosol is what you will need

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 01:57:34 pm »
Post a copy of your RAMS then - lets see how you'd go about it then.

Matt.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »
You just want a basic copy of my rams BDCS or one specific for this site

Firstly if we going down that route you can forget using the scaffolding all together. It's now become a building site, do you need a copy of these certificates also to permit you on site, don't forget am here to help those that have asked not muppets that are here for the show.
Now the job has become a £1500 needing a cherry picker.

Do you need to see my ipaf license and booklet with recent jobs done

BDCS

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 07:16:26 pm »
I don't need to see the Rams. My point is that its not just a walk up and clean. Now you've mentioned IPAF - who pays for that ? Days off to train ?Harness ? Insurance ? Time to quote, write rams - write them again when the way over the top HS bloke throws them out. 3 hour site induction. Arranging and handover of the MEWP. My point is that whilst the actual cleaning may be the simple bit its the rest of the associated grief that can take hours. We have all seen the jobs quoted at stupid money and many site agents won't even consider them because they know what ball park the price should be. There are more factors other than the cleaning

Matt.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 08:34:41 pm »
I understand totally a legit job an it's a big job, but from a point of view of saying how long would it take to do using scaffolding as all work is at hand height, my time would be less than 2 days where approx 500 came in