Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee.

which pump is best?
« on: April 17, 2006, 11:39:05 am »
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me. I dont know what pump to choose from and am not sure what to look out for.
Are the only pumps to use shurflo and flojet?
what are the difference between the two?
I know it's best to get varistream with shurflo but is it necessary with flojet?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Lee

Re: which pump is best?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 11:43:17 am »
I currently use shurflo with a varistream seems to work very well! no problems! i've had them just over a year now. ;D i've have no experience of flojet though i think there is not much difference between the two. ;D

Tim Morton

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 07:04:27 pm »
I also have a shurflo with a varistream, my brother has a flojet with a varistream, we both find our systems are excellent. The varistream will make your battery last longer or will enable you to use a smaller battery.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

H h20

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 07:09:57 pm »
Same here,i use 100psi shurflo with a varistream,i had a bit of teething problems with the varistream but it seems fine now,and i have also found my battery is lasting longer,Gaz

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 09:07:46 pm »
Hi Guys

Am I missing something here? The Varistream reduces voltage to the pump motor. Surely this will increase the amperage draw. How does the battery then last longer. Surely it should be the other way round.

When you switch off the water flow to the brush head, how does the Varistream work - after all, the pressure switch on the pump is disconnected when installing the Varisteam to your system. I am not always close to my trailer to switch the pump off.

Rgds

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Tim Morton

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 09:27:44 pm »
Hi Spruce, actually when you reduce the voltage to any motor the amperage will also get reduced, and so therefore your battery lasts longer.
The varistream doesnt just reduce the voltage, it moniters the pump motor and will keep the flow rate constant no matter what height you work at. It also detects when the flow has been stopped, ie at your pole control valve, and will stop the pump, you can actually change a setting inside that controls the pressure that it will stop the pump at. So you dont need to physically switch off the varistream each time you stop the flow, I leave it on all the time i'm in an area, just switch it off when i'm gonna drive off.
Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 09:57:38 pm »
Hi Tim

Appreciate the advise. I wondered how it coped when the flo was turned off.

May now consider it myself. Just replaced the 75psi pump with the 100psi one. As the 100 psi unit delivers less water the pump pressure switch no longer cycles as it did on the 75psi unit which produces nearly three time the water flow.

Rgds

Speuce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Lee.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 10:17:01 pm »
Thanks for the help so far.
It seems like both pumps are on a par and both would benefit from varistream.

I thought that if I bought a flojet I would not need varistream because of a comment I read on here obviously not true, or is it?

Thanks again

Lee

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 10:18:46 pm »
I use 100psi shurflo with a varistream mk2 also

can't fault them