Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Egg on roughcast
« on: December 20, 2014, 12:45:23 pm »
A while ago a customer of mine was well and truly eggd. I managed to shift it off all the glass and frames with virosol and hot water and all was well.

That was 6 months ago though and now the house has 4 marks (like black circles with runs) where it looks like the culprits also eggd the building. It looks as if over time the egg has now attracted dirt to it and really marked the roughcast.

This will not shift and if I put too much pressure then all the roughcast starts to fall off.

Has anyone managed to shift this with any chemical?

I was hoping virosol would do the trick, but it hasn't even touched it.

Thanks in advance.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Smudger

Re: Egg on roughcast
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 01:52:13 pm »
Johnny, this is better asked on the general section,

Egg is the mother of stains to remove, I had one a few years back, and nothing at the time would touch it ( any very little knowledge of chems then ) after 3 hours I told them to repaint the side of the house - yellow render

I would have a crack ( pardon the pun ) if you can reach with a hypo mix - but this depends on if your roughcast is painted or not.

HTH
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

slap bash

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 02:07:04 pm »
Try this new stuff its.........Eco Vision or ....      Vision works a miracle Or try Magica is good its big in your side of the country. Or G101. or hot water and scramble it.
Why don`t we discuss and flesh it open and see if we can beat other threads.

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 02:34:21 pm »
Johnny, this is better asked on the general section,

Egg is the mother of stains to remove, I had one a few years back, and nothing at the time would touch it ( any very little knowledge of chems then ) after 3 hours I told them to repaint the side of the house - yellow render

I would have a crack ( pardon the pun ) if you can reach with a hypo mix - but this depends on if your roughcast is painted or not.

HTH
Darran

Thanks darren!

I was thinking these stains are the hardest I've come across and will be a total pain to shift. Will look into hypo mix, and ask on the general section.

Thanks again, Much appreciated.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher