Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

convet my barrow to van mount
« on: October 20, 2014, 03:24:13 pm »
*Convert*

Where can i find some sort of mounting so I can take my washer off this barrow and fit it in my van? also is there any thing else I need.

Is it also possible to fit a hotbox in, whats the best way to position every thing ? any one got any pics of there set up there willing to share.

Cheers Justin

Re: convet my barrow to van mount
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:13:36 pm »
Ok just realised that was a stupid question, its already on a mount and you can adjust the rubber mountings to fit.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:17:09 pm »
What van have you got and can the pressure washer be left in the van or will it need to be pulled out.

Rob ;D

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:29:20 pm »
Ive got a transit Rob. I really want to leave it in the van, Ill just have to get contents insurance.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 05:33:40 pm »
LWB?

I can't remember if you offer other services and although you are saying van mount it that may be a different idea than mine.

My Iveco has the tank in the middle of the van with the machine facing out of the side door. A piece of flexi exhaust makes sure that the fumes clear the van.

Hose reels on the top of the tank, an IBC for this van and they come out of the back.

Rob ;D

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 05:45:02 pm »
Yes LWB . I just want it all in the van because im sick of setting up and cleaning up times. I just want to be able to pull up and start work not spend 20 mins setting up.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 05:50:11 pm »
IBC as a water tank?

Rob ;D

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 05:55:22 pm »
IBC 1000L jobs how do you secure one of them to the van? I was just going to get a 300 L with bulk head fitting but if theres a cheaper way to fit the IBC I will go for that.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 05:58:57 pm »
I've got four eyebolts just slightly in from each corner. These have been drilled through 3 mm angle iron, as a lip on two sides and then through the floor.

Get some decent ratchet straps, not the cheap ones from B & Q but the heavy duty, thick ones

Rob ;D

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 06:01:19 pm »
Rob do you do domestic as well? do you have a portable PW in case you cant get to the area with the van mount ?

I had a job the other day and there was no way I could have done it with out a portable PW. Dont really want to have to pay out for another portable.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 06:03:20 pm »
It's all about the hose reels and then hoses. I work with 30 m hoses and two hose reels, so if I come up short I take off the other reel, carry about 200 m of hose.

Rob ;D

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 06:06:01 pm »
Ok nice one thanks for the help Rob.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 06:12:50 pm »
What was the job where you couldn't reach and why?

Rob ;D

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 06:18:42 pm »
It was a patio and a path that ran the length of a really long garden, but there was no access from the back. But with 200m of hose I guess it wouldn't of been a problem.

Kenny83

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 08:24:11 pm »
You don't have to mount the machine permantly in the van if you don't want too. as Rob says, it's all about the reels, you could just mount a large hose reel in the van and work from that, that way if you ever need to take the machine off you just uncouple the reel and take the machine off.

when I first started I used to work this way, and even just has a wheelie bin in the back of the van set up with a ball cock, then as time went on I got got larger tank etc. to be honest I have found that the best size tank for me is a 550 litre, this gives me just short of an hour (on and off the trigger) but yet also leaves lots of space for other things  ;D However most my work is domestic and drains at the minute  ;D
Pressure Washing -
www.powerwashcleaning.co.uk

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 09:19:34 pm »
Does the water tank need to go in a certain place? Or can you put it any where.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 09:22:53 pm »
What you have to consider is the load across the axles and spreading it evenly. It doesn't matter so much if you are static but you will be aware of it if you shunt anywhere full up.

If the tank is level with the side door section, where it pulls back on itself then you have enough room to put the machine next to it and in the middle of the side door opening

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 09:35:39 pm »
Jordine

When you get everything where it best suits you and the set up is good to go there is nothing like pulling a filler hose to the water point, extending the pressure washer hose, connecting up the lance and being good to go within a couple of minutes of getting there.

All these things save time and make the job a lot more enjoyable.

Rob ;D

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 10:03:20 pm »
Jordine

When you get everything where it best suits you and the set up is good to go there is nothing like pulling a filler hose to the water point, extending the pressure washer hose, connecting up the lance and being good to go within a couple of minutes of getting there.

All these things save time and make the job a lot more enjoyable.

Rob ;D

Yeah can't wait, it's an easy decision for me, worth every penny,  I'm sick of getting every thing on and off and having to clean all my gear when I get home. Them fekin ramps get in the way aswell can't wait to get rid of them.