Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blackadder

Heavy calcium spotting
« on: October 19, 2014, 08:18:56 am »
I got asked the other day about cleaning a garden centre windows, went and had a look and some of the windows are atrocious! Is it a ball ache job to clear or with the right chemicals and pure water, can it be done fairly easily?

8weekly

Re: Heavy calcium spotting
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:27:30 am »
Just limescale remover? If it was a one off I wouldn't, but if they wanted a regular wc I would.

Blackadder

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 08:37:54 am »
They have some high windows that are pretty bad too, do you suggest up ladders and spray lime scale remover first then pole?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 09:44:49 am »
We use WINSOL crystal clear 550, works very well, your better off getting up close and personal for this type of job,allow plenty of time to do each window and charge accordingly

Lime scale remover should yield similar results to above but never used it as already brought the above and it's never failed me yet

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

richywilts

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 09:58:48 am »
just watched this video usign winsol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpjFoN-kqIk

does it take that long to do small sections smudger?? is there any faster ways to using it
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 10:15:56 am »
No, but you need to follow that technique, but in real life you'd be working quicker than that (well some of us) but at the end of the day it's not a standard window clean and if it takes 10 times longer to clean then you would reflect that in the price plus extra for the chem and 1 off service.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

H20cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 10:18:05 am »
just watched this video usign winsol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpjFoN-kqIk

does it take that long to do small sections smudger?? is there any faster ways to using it

Never used it before but couldnt you use a squeegy and applicator with the winsol on ? Then use your soap with a different squeegy applicator to finish?

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 10:37:57 am »
would winsol work on swimming pool windows
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 10:47:36 am »
Good question richy -  yes, but not sure you'd need it ( maybe lowers where water gets on the glass ) but most windows in a pool are from Condensation which may not contain anything other than pure water ( evaporated off the surface ) A pool complex I cleaned a few years back after a full refurb came up great just WFP.

Quoted another last week, just waiting for a go ahead so will see if WFP works on this one of the internal glass needs a bit extra

Darran

JSMC

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 11:40:30 am »
saw windows like this before. Is it  cause dby water running off brickwork and sandstone also n leaving deposits?

also what is the white pad? what does it do. I see the guy uses it in the video.

8weekly

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 11:54:16 am »
Seeing that video I think Viakal would be much quicker. I am guessing it is just limescale at the garden centre from hose spraying plants.

Window Lickers

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 11:58:37 am »
It'll be caused by them watering their plants.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 12:13:33 pm »
I would ask if you can do a test panel. Viakal might work, might kill
 The plants too. Winsol is overpriced for what it is and not much cop. Unger rub out is a complete waste of energy and money.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 12:22:10 pm »
Winsol 550 is a good product to solve these problems, the white pad that he is using in the video is a soft fiber pad used to fit a doddlebug or octopus tool that are used for deep cleaning hard floors, to speed up the results spray the Winsol onto a magic eraser pad and scrub the glass which will help to remove the mineral deposits much quicker.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 01:04:23 pm »
Afternoon tadgh.

Can you email me a price for 5 ltrs of cleaning ultra concentrate ( I think that's what it was labeled up as )

Have noticed an interesting development with g101 this week, so will trial the ultra on first cleans for the next few weeks

Darran

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 05:44:48 pm »
What's this stuff?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcnQovquAYo

Seems pretty quick guess it's an acid of some kind.

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 06:03:08 pm »
Really pees me off how a bottle of Harpic can be bought for a couple of quid yet a 'proper' bottle of calcium remover costs around £30 with delivery  :o

Smudger - I had a bit of staining this week with 101 first time ever (gutters). Probably left it on too long or mixed it a little strong.

tonycarr

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 06:08:30 pm »
What's this stuff?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcnQovquAYo

Seems pretty quick guess it's an acid of some kind.

its EacoChem OneRestore, not sure you can get it in the uk, its an american product

tony
T & J Window Cleaning services

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:45 pm »
What sort of stains dave?

What percentage was the mix?

I can't comment on using viakal but I tried cillett bang with not much success.

Darran

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 08:21:34 pm »
Yellow run marks - not terrible but just about noticeable. Unsure of the mix - just glugged about half a litre in a 25 litre backpack. Prob left it soaking for twenty minutes which is longer than I would normally do.