Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

petejay

urine stain on leather sofa
« on: October 11, 2014, 08:18:31 am »
Hi Everyone. Advice please on removing a very large urine stain on my brown leather sofa. So far it has only been damp rubbed with tap water and a cloth. It has now dried out leaving a large water mark type stain. At hand I have a bottle of leather clean and feed as found in the pound shop and a small amount left of connolly hide leather clean and feed cream.
Would these be adequate? All advice welcomed. Pete.

Rob_Mac

Re: urine stain on leather sofa
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 08:36:26 am »
Although I have just bought a leather restoration setup, this won't be operational till the end of the year I would ask this question on the carpet cleaning section or you will get turbo nozzles coming at you from every direction.

Rob ;D

Nathan Hartigan

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 04:06:20 pm »
Blast with a hair dryer
Stain should go

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 05:20:46 pm »
If its a urine stain on old leather ? Ask Chrissy Snott what he uses on his face

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 05:22:18 pm »
Oh and leave the pub a little earlier  ;)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 08:48:59 pm »
We have a sponsor called LTT  phone Judy Bass

Probably will need photos to identify leather and see what dammage has been done

I have a similar problem myself but will need to do a full Colour Repair Job once cause of problem is sorted

BDCS

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 09:27:44 pm »

I have a similar problem myself but will need to do a full Colour Repair Job once cause of problem is sorted

Then you ought to leave the pub earlier also or consider these

http://www.coloplast.co.uk/simpla-profile-leg-bag-en-gb.aspx

Rob_Mac

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 09:35:08 pm »
Ian

Did you have the training with Judy?

Carl - stop it, you're becoming scottified ;D

Rob ;D

Neil Jones

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 11:31:57 pm »
Blast with hair dryer?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 11:43:25 pm »
As it's gone up to the carpet cleaning section I don't mind taking it off topic.

Told my missus about that trip at the end of the month and she went apepoop mate ;D

Rob ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 11:59:04 am »
Rob

I wish it was me  but my wife suffers with a deep depression

To be honest I learnt about Leather Cleaning at Ashbys years ago  and when I first met Judy 12 years ago I said why do you make it sound so complicated .

Since then I have grown to respect Judy as the go to person for Leather

I have never gone in for Colour Restoration so this is going to be an interesting learning curve for me.

I spoke to Judy at National Carpet Cleaning Event and she recommended I went her course I think about £1500 I said I was thinking of taking it easy and look for other ways of making living and she said this would be a nice occupation for me to pursue and there is plenty of work available so i would get my money back.

I think if anybody is thinking about Leather it is a must to go to one of the training provided as the Colour on my suite is unstable due to Antique Effect and there have been cases where operators have cleaned an entire suite not realising what was happening .
 I do not know if there are any places left but Judy was doing Free Taster days

Rob_Mac

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 03:25:36 pm »
Ian

I have spoken to Judy Bass & also Jackie @ Buffalo and will be booking a course in the next month.

I don't know if you saw there was a full colouring & restoration set up, all the kit, with website, advertised on here about a month ago - well I bought it and am deciding whens the best time to get the training done and where.

I currently have all of the gear and no idea.

My reasons for the purchase was downsizing, looking for an outlet away from the supermarkets but also I have recently had my sofa recoloured and it has come off already, within three months. I think I can offer a better service than that.

Because I won't jump into the service without training I have already turned down/passed a job elsewhere at a club in London so I am hopeful of good things moving forward.

Rob ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 05:02:26 pm »
Rob

Did they use a Cream such as the ones sold by Furniture Clinic instead of Dye,

I know you are good at marketing so you should do well.

My concern was I do not have workshop , because its not only about Colour Restoration but Repair Also

Rob_Mac

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 06:16:51 pm »
Ian

I watched him but wasn't taking real notice.

He used an angled pipe in his mouth to put a fine vapour across the seat, did that a couple of times and then put a seal onto it.

When I spoke to the chap I bought from he said that if it was coming off already then it couldn't have been cleaned properly, which seems to make sense.

When he came back he did ask if we have a dog, which moves towards grease from the dogs coat. We don't have a dog.

Like you Ian health is my main concern for the future, I have had a scare and I cannot keep doing what I do.

There are pros and cons to the training from

Judy - several people on one course - over 3 days
Jackie - I can get one to one training One day - I am erring towards this at the moment and know Jackie has moved and is getting the workshop sorted.

As far as a workshop mate, I wouldn't worry too much my unit is just a large farm shed. I have separated a mezzanine level, to create a dry, office area but it certainly isn't pretty.

Rob ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 01:13:02 pm »
Rob

Ithimk Mike H and Shaun both did Judys course a few years ago  I think there is an advantage to a small Grop you can all learn of one another

How much is Jackie Charging

Getting some blood tests done this week  asa get light headed in afternoons and its not drink but probably pushing myself to hard

Rob_Mac

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 05:31:00 pm »
I haven't asked that question yet mate but would like to get it settled so I will let you know. I will probably ring tomorrow.

Neil

Are you still interested in going on it?

Rob ;D

Neil Jones

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 07:32:00 pm »
Yes with Jackie, let me know

Rob_Mac

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 07:33:54 pm »
I'll ring her tomorrow

Rob ;D